Which security settings can I enable without using Windows Defender Real-Time Protection

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Wich security setting can i enable on Windows without using Windows Defender real time protection?

I've already seen some topics that use H_C to activate and harden some windows configs, including windows defender. But there are some windoes security configs that actually don't need windows defender to work, like Windows Application Guard, Windows Sandbox or Core isolation (you can check on my other thread). I actually know only these options and some privacy tweaks on Windows privacy settings.

I'm looking for more information about those and others but it's been hard cause most information is distributed in various threads. Someone can help me list them?
For example, any anti exploit option? Something similar to google safe browsing (and any way to enable it on Chrome/Firefox)?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The below security features works without WD real-time protection:
Exploit Protection (system-wide and for particular applications), Application Guard for Edge (as an extension also for Chrome and Firefox), Windows Sandbox, WD Sandbox, Core Isolation (with Memory Integrity), Trusted Boot (Early Launch Antimalware, Secure Boot, and Measured Boot), and maybe some other.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hey @Andy Ful ! Sup!

Ty for answering...
I made a research on all topics you posted. From there, i could reach
  1. Exploit Protection:
    1. I decided to not mess up with anything here. I reade something about Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) and Mandatory Driver Signing (MDR).I noticed that "force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR)"is turned off by default so i decided to let that way.
    2. Do you change any of these (or the program tab) setting with H_C?
  2. Application Guard for Edge
    1. I made it run. I just thought it slowed down my system a bit. But i'm not sure...(it could be Hyper-V that i enabled too) have you already noticed it too?
    2. As far as i know, those Chrome/Firefox extensions are only a shortcut do open edge with App Guard enabled, arent't hey?
  3. Windows Sandbox
    1. I tried, but a lot of things doesn't work by default. As supposed It seems to be more focused in testing something once and not as a permanent sandbox
  4. WD Sandbox: I guess this one needs WD RTP doesn't it? Whats is the point of sandbox WD if it is disabled...
  5. Core Isolation: I activated but didn't understand exactly the function hahah
  6. Trusted Boot: i could not find a lot of things about how use these...

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hey @Andy Ful
  1. ...
Do you change any of these (or the program tab) setting with H_C?
H_C settings do not change any features mentioned in my previous post.

3. WD Sandbox: I guess this one needs WD RTP doesn't it? Whats is the point of sandbox WD if it is disabled...
Disabling WD real-time protection does not disable WD.:giggle:(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.