Which the fastest and the most efficient defragmenter among these ones ?

Which the fastest and the most efficient defragmenter among these ones ?

• Puran Defrag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perfect Disk

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Auslogics Disk Defrag

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Diskeeper

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • O&O Defrag Professional

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Hi everybody,

According to your experience, which is the fastest, the most efficient and the most complete defragmenter among these ones ?

Puran Defrag
Perfect Disk
Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
O&O Defrag Professional
Diskeeper

Not others defragmenters programs, thank you. (On Vista 32 bits)

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeXPMan

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I didn't had any issues. No it doesn't purge restoration points.

Reactions: floalma

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro is a thorough defragmenter. The only concern i have is, i heard it doesnt work well with windows 10. Other than that, nothing you could do wrong.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
VOTE: Auslogics Disk Defrag,

I just installed the new free version, after not using it for 2 years. I found that it works better then ever... I This time I noticed a speed up in program launch and clicking open data files. :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

I didn't get any speed increase or anything from windows defragmenter or defraggler. Defraggler was very sloooow, but has a nice boot and free space defrag.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For best Windows (OS) performance, upgrade to using a SSD, where no defragmentation is required. Of course you may have a HDD for storage to defrag, but won't be as critical as OS performance.

I didn't find an online comparison to those software, but you may find this an interesting read: HTG Explains: Do You Really Need to Defrag Your PC?

Also @floalma What OS do you use?

Reactions: Kuttz and floalma

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If you want one free then the default one for Windows should suffice. Another free one you can use is Auslogic disk defrag.

Now if you're willing to pay then go with Perfect Disk or Auslogics defragmenter pro.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I've been using Auslogics Defrag (Pro version). It's through enough for anyone. Maybe Pro version has more features and that is why I say that? I haven't used free version in a very long time.

The only one on the list that I didn't use is Puran. Never heard of it. O&O is probably the most through out of them (it's what I'd call a hardcore optimizer - it's most through settings take quite a while to complete). I've never seen a speed difference between O&O or Auslogics Pro. The old version (17 I think) of O&O screwed up my performance badly. Currently using version 19 build 99 to see if it has the same effect.

I personally recommend Auslogics for now. The Pro version has an algorithm that is good for VSS (don't know anything about VSS so I can't comment).

I've just installed Disk Defrag Pro, a great tool to make your PC run fast and smooth (scroll down to see features of Pro version).

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
If you want to defrag registry efficiently then go with Windows 10 Manager(it is available for windows 8 & 8.1 as well). It is a Paid Product. I have used its 21 days trial version earlier. It comes with a lot of tools like 1 click cleaner(cleans registry & junk files), system repair utilities, Registry Defragment tool, Optimizer, File Splitter & many more stuffs. I don't spend much of my money for such kind of tools. I am currently using CCleaner free & 360 Total security for cleaning junk & Dead Registry files.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
My vote goes to Auslogcs Disk defrag. I always use the free version and it does it's job very well. Another quite good one is Piriform defrag, which is not mentioned here, but that is a very slow one compared to Auslogics.

Reactions: upnorth

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I cannot comment exactly from other defrag but my vote goes to Auslogics Disk Defrag since it works efficiently through the flow.

Some said that boot defrag may contain issues so I've never touch it, + those fragments result are worth convincing to conduct an operation.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone, who uses Auslogics Disk Defrag, which defrag mode is recommended (I found Simple defrag, Free space optimization, Optimize by Prefetch Layout, and Optimize by Disk Zone Mode. Which is better?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Maxxx58: Simple Defrag is always a safe and quick option.

Once in a while having an optimize from prefetch is a good idea to organize the programs to run faster.

Same goes to Disk Zone Mode where files will be arrange from slow to fast access which can be done once a while.

Overall you may try Disk Zone Mode as you can customize the type of files to optimize.

Reactions: floalma and Maxxx58

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
It depends on what you need.
As reference you could compare the HDD temperature.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
I tried the Prefetch Layout but I got a red message that specified that Prefetch need to be enable.
Which 'Prefetch' , from Windows or Auslogics ?

@Maxxx58: Simple Defrag is always a safe and quick option.

Once in a while having an optimize from prefetch is a good idea to organize the programs to run faster.

Same goes to Disk Zone Mode where files will be arrange from slow to fast access which can be done once a while.

Overall you may try Disk Zone Mode as you can customize the type of files to optimize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.