Which version of ESS are people running on Win 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
It sounded like many people on Win 7 tried ESS v9, encountered various problems and reverted back to v8.
Has ESET rectified the issues or are users still sticking with v8?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Version 9 works fine for me now. No longer have the issue where setting connection to public results in internet loss. No other bugs for me either on Windows 7-10. I'd get a few more people to comment before making any moves though. Just in case.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Months ago, I'd attempted upgrading my wife's ESET Smart Security (on Window 7 SP 1) from 8 to 9. As OokamiCreed described, there were problems. Since then, a member of our MT staff has given his assurances that it functions properly now.
Why, then, do I not simply execute this straightforward task? Am I more afraid.. er,:confused: (ahem) I mean 'concerned' after my wife's comforts than anxious to upgrade now that it is working?o_O
In a word, yes!:D

Edit:
I'm going to do it!:mad:

...tomorrow.:D:p

Reactions: OokamiCreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.