Battle Which version of Kaspersky is/was good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Which is/was better in terms of protection,cpu&ram usage, gui etc ?

Reactions: norman

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I am a current user of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. I would like to tell u that its the 2nd time i am using this software after late 2012 edition, i feel this is a Awesome product as it promises to be. Earlier just 1 month back i was a user of ESET(Which is also a Awesome product) but have to switch it as the license was above to expire and also bored of it. So since i had a key for KIS (Thanks to MT and exterminator20 for the giveaway) i had to switch and i feel so comfortable using it. I am sure its the product as it promises to be.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've been using Kaspersky for about 4yrs and every edition comes packed with amazing features that no other antivirus software offers. I am currently using Kaspersky Total Security 2015 MR1 and it is by-far the best version.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Always go for the latest version, Kaspersky provide many enhacements and bug fixes through all version released especially components also improved. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Like james above I have always upgraded my security software to the latest version. Kaspersky has always had top notch protection and I really dont see them going backwards with newer versions.KIS 2015 is very good and as a long time user they have only gotten better as the years have passed. KIS 2015 still shows an increase in boot time and depending on your system it can be a little heavy but all in all they have improved with every new version.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
KIS2015 has most improvements though to be honest since 2013 version, they have always worked hard to improve things. 2015 has a lot of work put on preformance. Only thing is the boot time, which exterminator20 already mentioned.
Note that CPU usage, I/O during scan is not as bad anymore. Their only problem which never changed from god knows how many versions is the incompatibility software installed, granted you can still bypass it at your own risk. I did test KAV along with Webroot for a short 2 months give or take and did not find any fault in it, despite Kaspersky yelling at me Webroot was incompatible software with Kaspersy upon installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.