Q&A Which VPN extension do you use in 2017?

Which VPN extension do you use in 2017

• Total voters
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
ESET
I'm sure there are similar older threads, but things change quickly for VPN services and extensions.

I have used ZenMate, DotVPN and GOM VPN extensions in the past. But it's been over a year, and they seem to have changed. DotVPN didn't require sign-up when I used it for example, now it does.

Which VPN extension (for Chrome) do you use/recommend in 2017

Nuno

Level 2
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
None of those, I use Private Internet Access. However, it is paid :(
It has an extension for chrome but I mostly use the windows app.

My favourite free alternative in Chrome used to be ZenMate. I have some friends who use Hola free vpn but I've never tried it so I'm not sure it's any good. Well, it depends on what you want it for.

HarborFront

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
I'm using Windscribe extension for chromium and FF. With this extension and the Windscribe desktop app I'm using its double-hop feature

Last edited:

novocaine

Level 4
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Zenmate for long time, I have tried the others but Zenmate works great removing regional block, and site block (from internal IT of my work)

Hoxx is the best for me as simple, fast and free and 10 Uk servers which I need for many UK websites to login (Hoxx also 100 servers worldwide). Zenmate, Windscribe ,Tunnelo etc either no UK servers or very limited & some others not free.