Which will be the best paid Antivirus or Internet Security suite of 2017?

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Probably because he loves them (he uses them), we all think it will be our favorite vendor/product we are using LOL :D

Well actually I have Avast right now but I prefer Emsisoft, so yeah... That matches the above statement. :)

You're right my friend. But why? I am sorry I can not explain. I am not an IT or someone that specializes on this field. I am just a home user. Regarding Bitdefender, it has save me many times already.

W

Wave

Probably because we feel comfortable with the vendor we pick to use on our own systems, therefore we want to promote it by sharing our personal opinions of it. :) In your case, you are comfortable with BitDefender because it has saved you many times, so it's only natural for you to want to express your like for it by saying you think it is best.

In reality there is no "Best AV" product (read this thread: Why there is no "best" Antivirus product - wrote it myself), however in our minds we have an image of what is the best and that's normal! :)

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I'm glad Bitdefender was able to help you out. Always good to stick with what works.

At one point, I bought a box of Kaspersky Internet Security because it is well-lauded on this forum. Reviews and feedbacks of members are always good. But, I was not satisified, I revert to using Bitdefender. Anyway, we have our own preferences. It may be good for you but not good for others.

W

Wave

At one point, I bought a box of Kaspersky Internet Security because it is well-lauded on this forum. Reviews and feedbacks of members are always good. But, I was not satisified, I revert to using Bitdefender. Anyway, we have our own preferences. It may be good for you but not good for others.
Exactly! That is exactly how it works 100%, I can't say it better myself! :)

To know which product works best for you, you'll need to go through and test them... Compare your thoughts on them. Watching video reviews and reading opinions on others and basing this on what product you should be using won't help you that much. Sure a random product may save you once or twice but if you do not trust that vendor nor feel comfortable with using their product then you'll need to rid it ASAP and find one you do like/want to put things right!

In your scenario, Bitdefender is perfectly fine and works great for you, you don't need to switch to another product because you already found a mutual match! Hahaha :p

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016

Not trying to say your not able to use Kaspersky but KAS IS is more for the advanced user just because of the tweaks needed to make the PC more secure than it would be on KAS default settings. Bitdefender out of the box is pretty solid on its default settings with autopilot enabled. So you don't have to do too much. Plus the settings are very easy to navigate.

W

Wave

Not trying to say your not able to use Kaspersky but KAS IS is more for the advanced user just because of the tweaks needed to make the PC more secure than it would be on KAS default settings. Bitdefender out of the box is pretty solid on its default settings with autopilot enabled. So you don't have to do too much. Plus the settings are very easy to navigate.
Personally I think that Kaspersky does provide better protection than Bitdefender overall (e.g. dynamically), but at the end of the day... You are either comfortable with it or you aren't! :)

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
*Bitdefender i got BSOD,
*Kaspersky my fav, 2017 version not compatible with dnscrypt
*Emsisoft Internet Security, did test trial the other day, very light & good, but seem get some issue with steam
*Avira bit heavy on my system
*Norton works great but my 6 month trial expired :D
*Right now using Avast Free ;) and lil bit more i might got free upgrade

ps: i'm just posting screenshot, no ref link posted
Screenshot_263.png

so for me, the best antivirus/security 2017 is any "FREE AV" / 3-6 month long trial :D, and compatible with my gaming habit (Steam),
i didnt said i wont paid.. i was using kaspersky internet security for many years but with my current $ situation, i pre-fer free one

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.