Advice Request Which will be your browser of 2018 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
may i ask you which will be your broswer of the 2018 ?

will you continue to use your trusty browser or will you change your browser ?

and may I know which browser do you use included chrome engine broswers and firefox engine browsers ?
i have always used firefox with 4 extension but with the new version i lost all of them, outside adguard blocker

i have switch to chrome maybe i will use Slimjet , but about chrome engine/firefox engine browswer i don't know really if i can trust of them

thanks
and happy new year

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
i tried palemoon and I wasn't happy with ít performance. It still feels slow and sluggish
I don't feel comfortable using after many of using chrome
facebook notification. When I receive a message chrome will popup a noti. With firefox, I have to open facebook to check manually

with the same extensions, chrome runs much faster than firefox 55, 56
firefox 57 is on par with chrome or maybe a bit smoother but the extension support is lacking.

You can block notification from any site on Chrome, Settings > Content Settings > Popup or Notification..

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"You can block notification from any site on Chrome, Settings > Content Settings > Popup or Notification.." - sure,

But CyberTech, these facebook notifications are useful for facebook users...

To block facebook notifications for those which don't use facebook, you can try overlay removers extensions/add-ons, or script blockers, I think

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I prefer Edge (tweaked), because it fits well with the rest of my default deny security.
Pros:
  1. Great compatibility with Windows 10 (also no problems with Edge updates on default deny).
  2. Great security (AppContainer, very hard to exploit).
  3. Not popular, so not attractive to criminals (less probability to be exploited in the wild).
  4. Well balanced ratio = protection/usability, on default deny security setup.
Cons:
  1. Not compatible with SRP DLL checking (probably because of Edge DLL injection protection).
  2. Not the fastest browser in the world.
  3. Not as usable as Chrome and some others (but sufficiently good for me).

Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
i decided to use "Firefox ESR portable" release for a while because its still supporting legacy add-ons. Firefox 57 doesnt support this type of add-ons anymore.

Reactions: AtlBo

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally, I'm currently using Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 (latest stable version). I don't particularly like Google Chrome as I feel this web browser is a data mining web browser. I use Firefox 57.0.4 with quite a few add-ons that all work with this web browser just to up my security for my web browser. Plus, I'm now using Sandboxie (free) to sandbox my browser even more. I'm looking into implementing Sandboxie Pro. Yes, I may seem 'paranoid'; however, I view myself being more 'security conscientious' than 'paranoid'. I'm looking forward to Firefox Quantum version 58 being released!

upload_2018-1-21_8-12-2.png

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.