Battle Which would be the best AdBlocker? Should we use realtime installed version or just a browser addon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Which would be the best AdBlocker ? Should we use realtime installed version or just a browser adon? Explain it with ur complete knowledge.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Benefits of Browser Addon:
- Quick installation
- Review permissions
- Free & Silent updates
- Removal is easy without leftover registry or files
- Lists updated whilst browsing
- Can be synced with your Google or Firefox account

Benefits of Installed program:
- Covers all programs installed on PC, including the notorious IE browser.
- Cannot be uninstalled on Standard user account (with UAC enabled), if any users tries to bypass the software.

DrySun

Level 1
Verified
Jul 8, 2014
I use mvps host, and I never see an ad in any application. Some people say they have seen slowdowns using host file modifications, but I use this with all of my devices including iPhone and have noticed no slow downs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purshu_Pro

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Voted OTHER: Disconnect

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disconnect/reviews/?src=api

Disconnect blocks out all the annoying adds using 1/3rd the memory that AdBlockPlus does, but youtube adds remain, so I use Youtube Enhancer plus for that.

Still faster to open Firefox and lighter on memory then using AdBlocks which get really heavy on the RAM use the more they block.

Ghostery is not bad either, but I prefer Disconnect.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Voted OTHER: Disconnect

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disconnect/reviews/?src=api

Disconnect blocks out all the annoying adds using 1/3rd the memory that AdBlockPlus does, but youtube adds remain, so I use Youtube Enhancer plus for that.

Still faster to open Firefox and lighter on memory then using AdBlocks which get really heavy on the RAM use the more they block.

Ghostery is not bad either, but I prefer Disconnect.
With Disconnect, do you still need to manually activate tracker blocking? eg: click on each one and set to block...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
I just today installed Firefox add-on for Android and It is working just fine. I had Ghostery previously,but had tried Adgaurd app for Android when it first came out. It worked great on Chrome. I used Disconnect app a few months before Adgaurd,so I'm really still testing them all. But Adgaurd is working hard on all their products,so I expect great things from them. Now,I do have Ghostery still.....as they have a new Android browser in Playstore. So,I am using three different browsers concurrently. Some of my newsletters just work better on different browsers. And now I have many options to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.