App Review Who Reviews the Pro Reviewers?

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

If a person is lucky enough to reach the point where they understand that default allow solutions are much more prone to failures of protection, then they adopt the much more durable and reliable default deny in one form factor or another or a combination thereof. There are enough different flavors that should satisfy just about everyone's tastes.

Once a person reaches the point of using a well-developed default deny model, the test lab reports and online reviews are more or less irrelevant because the user has reached a level of understanding where they can detect and see through all the "noise" that is inherent to reviews.

For the shrewd and the default allow beleaguered, default deny is inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@cruelsister

When you want your videos watched, you should not add that great music.
I can't help closing my eyes and wonder along with the great track you put behind the video

EDIT: second view OK again could not help closing my eyes, but managed to see some fragments
EDIT: third try, still closed my eyes occasionally, but at least got the point you are making

:cool:(y)

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I agree with the opinion that "pro" AV testers have to be taken with a grain of salt, but I think that this kind of home-made videos are not fair as well.
If you know how to code a malware and you know the weakness of a security product, it's very easy to bypass it... but that's not a real world scenario too because you make a malware to target a specific product.
The true real world scenario is the malware hub here at MT :)

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
If you know how to code a malware and you know the weakness of a security product, it's very easy to bypass it

I coded nothing myself in this video. This video essentially produced itself in record time using stuff freely available and in the Wild. And knowing the weaknesses in Security Products is the goal of any serious Blackhat. Pity that a Pro reviewer either does not know or does not care about this.

She secretly is

Not so secretly! I was arrested in my youth for such despicable actions; no jail time, but instead a Full Scholarship to Dartmouth (Ophelia is still pissed at this; she thinks she should have had a free ride to Princeton).

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Can we see a video with your voice commentary like Leo does?

Never gonna happen. I can give a bunch of reasons, but the main one is that if I couldn't play the music I wouldn't do the videos. It's actually a thought process for me; I choose the song first then have to construct a video that would state what I want within the time constraints of the song. I just LOVE setting foolish self-imposed obstacles that have to be overcome!

until YouTube takes them down for infringement

Fortunately as no one really views my videos this isn't an issue. The only time a song was deleted from my videos was when I used something by Dylan, the Ramones, and (God alone knows why as no one has ever heard of him but me) Sugarcane Harris.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.