Why are there so many people that say Qihoo 360 is a Chinese backdoor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Why are there so many people that say Qihoo 360 is a Chinese backdoor? And why is it free, how would they make any money ?

Reactions: Piteko21
Y

yigido

Please read this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qihoo
They are not only a Qihoo Total Security :)
Qihoo 360 started with selling third-party antivirus software online. Soon it realized the potential of the freemium business model in the Chinese market and started to provide its own antivirus products free of charge. In short time, Qihoo 360's security products gained popularity and market share in China. The revenues are generated by leveraging its massive user base through online advertising and services like online games, remote technical support, and system integration.
Qihoo 360's main revenue sources include advertising space on 360 Startup Page, as well as revenue sharing with independent games developers which have published their games on the 360 Mobile Assistant. The revenue breakdown in 2012 was split between the revenue streams as follows: 67% from advertising, 31% from internet value added services and less than 1% from selling third party software. The revenues increased by 96.0% from $167.9 million in 2011 to $329.0 million in 2012. As of January 2014, the market cap is $11.42B

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
At this point in my internaut life, I believe that everything we use spy us anyway, Google, Microsoft ... nothing makes us have privacy.
I use Qihoo and I trust them as google or another.
if we use the internet or smartphone undeniably we lost about 90% of privacy. is the law of life ...

I remember also having read on the Internet that even avast was created based on a backdoor what I think it is all lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.