Why does bing have to ruin my life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizW

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2016
Hi I'm really new to all of this so excuse me if I come across as stupid :). We are trying to download iTunes on our laptop and have Bing which from my internet research seems to possibly be connected to virus. I have tried disabling it to no avail. Every webpage I try to connect to I get This page cannot be displayed error message. I can connect to other non Internet Explorer programs so know it's connecting to our internet, however I can't click on links ect to try to rectify this issue. Any help would be appreciated. I also don't want to reset to factory settings as that's what's caused me to loose iTunes in the first place.

Reactions: AtlBo

LizW

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks Jack for moving me to the correct thread I have read the prepare for removal so that I can try to upload reports the problem I have is that I am using my iPhone to post on here because my internet on computer in question won't even allow me to get to any webpages to download programs to try and rectify my problem. I can't even access emails from the computer. Is there a way of accessing the program your suggesting without going via normal internet page? Or in safe mode or anything? Thanks

LizW

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2016
Hi @TwinHeadedEagle thanks for that info however my computer isn't allowing me to download the farbar scan tool. When I try to download it says cannot display this page. I can only get to the website. Is there another way of getting a scan with the reports?

LizW

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2016
Tried that and it gets me to the site but as soon as I hit download it comes up with the this page cannot be displayed. :(

Reactions: AtlBo and Ink

LizW

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks I just bought a small laptop to run iTunes on instead and taken it away from the old laptop :)

Dani Laub

Level 1
Jan 1, 2017
Hi,
I was happy to see your post. Sometimes I am afraid to post because I might sound like a moron to these people. But at my age, If I learn something new, hey its a good day!

Reactions: Venustus and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Don't be afraid to create your thread Dani. Read the guide and do the best you can. You will get through it, promise. Seen it 1000 times.

Reactions: Venustus

Dani Laub

Level 1
Jan 1, 2017
Don't be afraid to create your thread Dani. Read the guide and do the best you can. You will get through it, promise. Seen it 1000 times.
Thanks so much! It's funny you say that you've seen it a 1000 times. Every person I spoke with at Google and the 3 mobile providers, tried to make me think I was losing my mind by denying that what I was describing was impossible!

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.