Advice Request Why does everyone here like ESET so much?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyGood

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Hi,

I was just wondering, why does everyone here like Eset so much? It never performs on par with security suits such as those from Bitdefender or Kaspersky, and even Eset's test results from antivirus testing labs (such as AV-Test) seem quite mediocre when compared to Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Trend Micro or even Norton. In everything ranging from performance impact to protection. Yet everyone here swears by it. What up with that?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Here in the malware hub section of the forum, it always performs very good to extremely good and undetected files are quite quickly added to their database.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hi,

I was just wondering, why does everyone here like Eset so much? It never performs on par with security suits such as those from Bitdefender or Kaspersky, and even Eset's test results from antivirus testing labs (such as AV-Test) seem quite mediocre when compared to Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Trend Micro or even Norton. In everything ranging from performance impact to protection. Yet everyone here swears by it. What up with that?
Eset is very good av i agree, but Kaspersky has great proactive protection and feauter,in 0 viruses Eset is really poor, but Kaspersky do better.
Bitdefender has great detection,but king of bug,king of Fp and heavy on system.
Kaspersky is light also,i set kaspersky in max setting and just 43 mg needed in my system see here:
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
ESET has a lot of options for everyone being one of the lightest suites around compared to others, apart from good detections and web blocking it has detailed GUI under the hood, and it's strength is customizable HIPS(from novice to advanced user - easily done and has learning mode), firewall - botnet IDS attack protection,banking protection, anti-theft, parental control, sysInspector, LiveGrid reputationand submission of suspicious files from GUI itself.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's unknown to me, but members here use whatever software they prefer.

For example, you'll find a handful here using Windows Defender (in Windows 8 to 10), myself included. Even though statistically, it's crap compared to others.

Personally, I don't like to recommend ESET Smart Security as paid solution, because I see Norton Security as top dog in that certain category.

The most common thing you'll hear is "ESET is light", that means nothing to me. :)

I

illumination

First and foremost, tests like these mentioned above in the OP I do not recommend ever going by. Not all products react to threats the same way, with the same modules, so why would one think testing them all the same way is effective?

On to the main portion of the question. Eset for being a full security suite that offers many features is light. Although I think this depends on the users system and uses as to the degree of lightness. In the Hub as mentioned above, Eset holds its own and then some on default settings. This part underlined mentioned, being the important part as to why it is highly regarded here and recommended for novice to average users often.

S

Sr. Normal

There is one thing I love about Eset. If the browser of my VM visit a dangerous site, Eset, from the host informs me or blocks the connection.
Then there is that is very light, a detection rate, few FPs, very simple and intuitive with default configuration, but very configurable ... I love it.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
There is one thing I love about Eset. If the browser of my VM visit a dangerous site, Eset, from the host informs me or blocks the connection.
Then there is that is very light, a detection rate, few FPs, very simple and intuitive with default configuration, but very configurable ... I love it.

Hmm, its been while that I haven't used eset... I might Install it later on today and pair it with Zemana AntiMalware Premium,,, :)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Here are users of all kinds of antivirus.
It was the best thing I did in purchasing ESET, I'm using it for almost two months, and I regret not having installed it before! It's perfect if you buy it with the Mobile Security & Antivirus, the funicona anti-theft function like a charm!
Most speak that ESET is light, and I agree, these two months my system continues to fly down.
easy to move settings, start fast, your system does not feel to start!
I honestly do not know how Kaspersky always wins ESET when it comes to lightness in AV-Test, because I tested Kaspersky and I see it being lighter than ESET, I even surprised when the AV-Test test Kaspersky is lighter !
Kaspersky pantry presentations, a great anti-virus!
When someone asks me an antivirus I recommend ESET, because so far had no problems with them!
Technical support is amazing! Have helped me through the Facebook chat, that day I was very happy! LOL. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.