Advice Request Why you must use Bing in Microsoft Edge: Earn Points & Rewards

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Forewarning:
  • US customers may get better rewards and offers than other participating countries (ie. UK)
  • Rewards may not be available in your country - we know! But it's not US only.
  • Use Bing on Edge without compromising Other browsers with Bing searches

Learn more at
Microsoft account | Welcome to Microsoft Rewards

Getting started is easy
Just opt in and start earning points. It's free with your Microsoft account.

Rewards for you
Redeem your points for popular games, newly released films and more.

Points for searching
Search with Bing on your PC and phone to quickly earn points every day.

Points for shopping
Get points with virtually every purchase from Microsoft.

Points for browsing
Earn points when you actively browse the web with Microsoft Edge.

Member exclusives
Access special offers and discounts, just for Microsoft Rewards members.​

Once registered, visit https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/dashboard to earn more points. You may receive emails from Microsoft, and can unsubscribe at any time.

Email example:
upload_2017-6-14_13-26-38.png

Redeem & Enter Sweepstakes [Link]
upload_2017-6-14_13-32-58.png

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Everyone cries about "Privacy Matters" and "If It's Free, There's a Catch".

I beg to differ; while privacy does matter and the occasional nerd rambles about it, the topic has practically no substantial reach for something that impacts every day living for an unforeseeable amount of time.

When I look around me, I'm surrounded by Facebook, Google and WhatsApp users, all merrily undressing online.

Now you may like that and that's fine, but I don't and I think that's fine just as well. A company needs to generate revenue, so there is always some agenda with free offers. You pay unlimited with your data, I pay clearly defined amounts with my credit card. It's a preference in currency if you will.

All I'm doing is trying to make sure that people make an informed decision, whatever that may be. Nothing wrong there I reckon.

Reactions: frogboy

Urusen

Level 2
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
If you have any Xbox videogame you should try M$ Rewards. You can get 1-12 months Xbox Live Gold and the new Live Pass.

You need about 3 months searching to get 1 year Live Gold or Live Pass. About 4 live Golds/year. Use one and sell other 3.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I almost never use Edge and bing also not that often. In terms of search results, Google is still better when you search some more difficult not obvious questions, like things about programming for example, but the results of bing have improved much than they were the past years. Bing is really not that bad, but of course because of the kind of ownership of the internet by google, it's more obvious to google instead of binging something. Currently I'm mostly using Ecosia as my default search engine, which uses results from Bing and so far I'm not much complaining. The only time I use bing itself actually is when I need to search videos. The video search of bing is way better than googles one in my opinion. There is more than google and others search engines have good features or sides too.
I'm personally not interested at all in those points you can earn, but for people that want them, it's a good initiative from MS to gain some more users.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm barely using Bing as my alternative search engine but the effort of Microsoft for providing rewards is not a bad idea. It will add more users on the population for that product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.