Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Summary
Getting ready to enthusiastically shovel all your data into the cloud? Here’s a cautionary tale of what can happen when your connection to that data is pulled because of accusations that you violated Terms of Service.

Read more

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
This is the reason I will never store anything in the cloud. At least with physical backups, you can do everything to ensure you always have access to a copy if something goes wrong. (Give it to a friend in another state, put it in a safe deposit box at your bank, etc...) But if all of your data is in the cloud and the provider decides for whatever reason that you can no longer have access to that data, you're screwed.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I don't really see much of a reason to store files up there, which is why I don't.

V

Vextor

The only reason I use cloud services is so I can access some of my data anywhere, and the only one I trust is Wuala, which is a service where even the employees don't know your password.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even I didn't use any cloud service, it came on my mind that if I use it then may expose due t the information through cloud.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I don't use cloud services for anything too sensitive... except of course for email but that can't be helped in modern society.

I actually trust some cloud services.

D

Deleted member 178

If useless data like pictures, songs, etc.. no problem but for the rest, no way !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.