Why You Shouldn't use a Task Killer on Android

Do you use any Task Killers/RAM Saver for Android?

• Yes, which app do you use?

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I stopped using them

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As a new, (less than 7 days) Android user, I saw noticed some member here used 'CCleaner for Android', so although be being a CCleaner user for Windows, I still couldn't find myself to install the app on my new tablet. Whilst on Google, I stumbled across this article about the "most requested" feature for CCleaner for Android, and why you shouldn't use it, or any other for that matter. Read more,
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...oid-added-in-the-dreaded-task-killer-feature/

The quote below is from another article with further explanation.

Android Doesn’t Manage Processes Like Windows

Most Android users are familiar with Windows. On Windows, many programs running at one time – whether they’re windows on your desktop or applications in your system tray – can decrease your computer’s performance. Closing applications when you’re not using them can help speed up your Windows computer.

However, Android isn’t Windows and doesn’t manage processes like Windows does. Unlike on Windows, where there’s an obvious way to close applications, there’s no obvious way to “close” an Android application. This is by design and isn’t a problem. When you leave an Android app, going back to your home screen or switching to another app, the app stays “running” in the background. In most cases, the app will be paused in the background, taking up no CPU or network resources. Some apps will continue using CPU and network resources in the background, of course – for example, music players, file-downloading programs, or apps that sync in the background.

When you go back to an app you were recently using, Android “unpauses” that app and you resume where you left off. This is fast because the app is still stored in your RAM and ready to be used again.​

Continue Reading... Why you shouldn't use a Task Killer for Android

Last edited:

TechHelper

Level 2
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
interesting, thanks. Do you know how task killers would affect ios mobile devices? I use battery doctor to "free up ram".

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
TaskKillers are always BAd in android as it would eventually lead to battery drain issues because of the Task Killer service running in background

Also Pls note that Google didn't made Android just to use Task KIllers!!
Android is Intelligent enough to manage Its tasks enough
Always Remember FREE RAM = WASTE RAM

so i guess it gives answers for mostly who so ever got this question

Never Use Task KIllers in Android
Regards

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
If I feel my phone is slow I just restart it..Task manager installed will drain the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.