Wierd Comodo Firewall 10 issue/bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
OK so after researching comodo firewall 10 i decided it might be a good addition to my toolkit so i downloaded the latest version into a vm i have running. I'm running it on the latest build of windows 10 under hyper-v. It installs fine and was working but as soon as i enable the following configuration
"Proactive Security" and reboot i am no longer able to to open the program. Don't let me confusing the matter Comodo is running in the background and will give me pop ups but if i try to open the main UI i will get absolutely nothing. I've tried a variety of things to fix this issue. I tried to enable RemoteFX on the virtual machine. I thought maybe if i connected to the virtual machine with RDP i might be ok but nope same thing. This virtual machine is the newest generation (generation 2).

I've been able to reproduce this many times. I ended up taking a snapshot right before i make the change because i have to fully install because i get get at the settings since the UI won't open. Any clues?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
OK so after researching comodo firewall 10 i decided it might be a good addition to my toolkit so i downloaded the latest version into a vm i have running. I'm running it on the latest build of windows 10 under hyper-v. It installs fine and was working but as soon as i enable the following configuration
"Proactive Security" and reboot i am no longer able to to open the program. Don't let me confusing the matter Comodo is running in the background and will give me pop ups but if i try to open the main UI i will get absolutely nothing. I've tried a variety of things to fix this issue. I tried to enable RemoteFX on the virtual machine. I thought maybe if i connected to the virtual machine with RDP i might be ok but nope same thing. This virtual machine is the newest generation (generation 2).

I've been able to reproduce this many times. I ended up taking a snapshot right before i make the change because i have to fully install because i get get at the settings since the UI won't open. Any clues?
Try booting into safe boot, start up Comodo GUI, and put HIPS in learning mode.
Then boot regular.
Let your system start up, then reboot, and then switch back to safe mode.
If this doesn't help, try posting on the Comodo forum, if no more ideas come in over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.