WikiLeaks Opens Vault 7: CIA's Entire Hacking Capacity

R

Rodney74

Don't Worry if you have "Norton" it will stop the CIA's ability to spy on you....

And if that doesn't calm your fears, here is a special letter, just for you.

CIA ANNOUNCEMENT:

Dear American People: All of us at the CIA want you to know the following:

We are only spying on poor people in foreign countries, who as you know spend all their money on Samsung TV’s and Apple Phones.
We are not spying on you.

Love.
The CIA

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
:( And yet you keep spewing out more, and totally unsubstantiated nonsense.
First IFs and now MIGHTs and MAY HAVEs? :rolleyes: Unicorns and Bigfoot MIGHT exist too - even though no one has ever found any unicorn or Bigfoot poop or any skeletal remains. I guess the Leprechauns MAY HAVE swept-up the poop and destroyed the remains IF it doesn't magically disappear upon excretion or death.

At the same time, the entire security and anti-malware industries, even though they have known about this family of malware for 4 years, MAY HAVE totally missed its existence since, allowing it to be ported from only computers to smartphones. o_O

Once again, BadBIOS, as seen through your own links, is spread by using "ultrahigh" (20,000Hz and higher - well above what the vast majority of humans can hear) frequency sound reproduced by a speaker, spread through the air then picked up by a microphone.

Very few speakers (even audiophile quality speakers), and likely no smartphone speaker, are capable of reproducing frequencies that high, let alone with any usable amplitude - not to mention unmangled with distortion. The energy required to send ultrahigh sound any distance is substantial. And once again, smartphone microphones are designed for voice, not ultrahigh frequencies.

So you can stick with your IFs, MIGHTs, MAY HAVEs, rumors and myths. I will stick with the known facts.

And the facts are (1), the security industry is aware of BadBIOS and have created code to block it. (2) There is no evidence - yet - the leaked documents are authentic. (3) Assuming they are authentic, what they revealed were tactics, techniques, and tools used by the CIA to conduct legitimate foreign intelligence against the enemies of the free world. That's to help fight those who want kill innocent peoples (that includes you) of democratic societies in the UK, Paris, Baghdad, Istanbul, Belgium, the US, Israel, Germany and everywhere else in the free world. To fight those who kidnap entire villages of young girls for sex slaves. To stop those who want to destroy ancient historical monuments and artifacts. Who want to kill any and everybody who does not believe as they do.

Like it or not, Freedom is NOT Free! And if those documents are legitimate, whoever leaked them is a traitor - nothing more.
Dude, you have issues. I didn't post any links about BadBios. Are you hearing voices in your head?

Last edited:

The CIA has specific targets.

While they have the technical capacity to hack the average person, they don't do it - unless you have done something to put yourself in their cross-hairs. All surveillance agencies have to prioritize their activities and targeting since it isn't like they have unlimited resources and hack everybody. With the number of requests made of them the agencies are overwhelmed, there is always a targeting backlog - and you ain't on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
They are a rogue agency with hardly any oversight. And you can't go by what they, or the corrupt media tells you.

Reactions: Rodney74

They are a rogue agency with hardly any oversight. And you can't go by what they, or the corrupt media tells you.

I don't go by what anyone tells me or what the media says; I know what the agency does and how they go about doing it.

Believe me when I tell you... user-land has much greater problems than the CIA.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I don't go by what anyone tells me or what the media says; I know what the agency does and how they go about doing it.
I've been following this kind of stuff for God knows how long, and the last thing I will do is just believe everything a bureaucrat or government official says. And for very good reason.

Reactions: Rodney74

I've been following this kind of stuff for God knows how long, and the last thing I will do is just believe everything a bureaucrat or government official says. And for very good reason.

I don't listen to bureaucrats or government officials either.

Reactions: DJ Panda

Here's a kind of funny video about this:

That's about how serious I take such reports.

If I happened to be a terrorist or someone like Julian Assange, only then would I be compelled to take notice and make changes to my digital life.

Reactions: DJ Panda

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
:( And yet you keep spewing out more, and totally unsubstantiated nonsense.
First IFs and now MIGHTs and MAY HAVEs? :rolleyes: Unicorns and Bigfoot MIGHT exist too - even though no one has ever found any unicorn or Bigfoot poop or any skeletal remains.

In point of fact, some years ago a respected author wrote a book in which he rejected the existence of the Yeti but accepted the existence of Bigfoot/Sasquatch in part precisely because of the discovery of so many huge scat piles in the Pacific Northwest of North America that were not bear or human scat. The Patterson film, for those who are knowledgeable about it, clinches the case for Sasquatch. There are many things to say about the Patterson film but here are three:

1. Costume makers in Hollywood have affirmed that in the late 1960s they did not have the capability to make a monkey suit that could have been used in the Patterson film.
  2. The Patterson film shows a female with huge mammary glands. No faker would have gone to the extra trouble of making a female rather than a male phony creature.
  3. Technological advances have made it possible to detect that the being in the film is a real creature upon whose leg can be seen a quite grievous muscular injury.
On top of that, you have too many huge footprints to explain away, and too many excellent eyewitness sightings to explain away.

I know a lot about the culture of the CIA. They are not a rogue agency at all. The CIA suffered greatly in the Watergate era and has ever since been greatly determined not to repeat abuses that could bring a reprise of its experiences in the 1970s. It has tremendous oversight from Congress, working very closely with the intelligence committees. Since the Watergate era the CIA has not been caught spying in the USA. It does spy outside the USA in accordance with its mandate.

I am concerned about these revelations. I do not fear being spied on by the CIA, but I have to imagine that what the CIA is capable of doing, so are or so will be other entities.

This gives all the more reason for despising the idea of cars being driven by computer software rather than by humans.

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
When "democracies" become just as corrupt and unjust as the rest.

I find the vehicle hacking particularly disturbing, it appears every alphabet soup agency around the world is going after it. Alas, for consumers, most vehicle manufacturers care as much about security as router corporations. If Apple has trouble...forget it.

Going to see more mysterious vehicle "accidents". Get ready for at least vehicle ransomware. How much do you value your life?

Michael Hasting...

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
When "democracies" become just as corrupt and unjust as the rest.

I find the vehicle hacking particularly disturbing, it appears every alphabet soup agency around the world is going after it. Alas, for consumers, most vehicle manufacturers care as much about security as router corporations. If Apple has trouble...forget it.

Going to see more mysterious vehicle "accidents". Get ready for at least vehicle ransomware. How much do you value your life?

Michael Hasting...
Like x1000

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
In point of fact, some years ago a respected author wrote a book in which he rejected the existence of the Yeti but accepted the existence of Bigfoot/Sasquatch in part precisely because of the discovery of so many huge scat piles in the Pacific Northwest of North America that were not bear or human scat. The Patterson film, for those who are knowledgeable about it, clinches the case for Sasquatch. There are many things to say about the Patterson film but here are three:

1. Costume makers in Hollywood have affirmed that in the late 1960s they did not have the capability to make a monkey suit that could have been used in the Patterson film.
  2. The Patterson film shows a female with huge mammary glands. No faker would have gone to the extra trouble of making a female rather than a male phony creature.
  3. Technological advances have made it possible to detect that the being in the film is a real creature upon whose leg can be seen a quite grievous muscular injury.
On top of that, you have too many huge footprints to explain away, and too many excellent eyewitness sightings to explain away.

I know a lot about the culture of the CIA. They are not a rogue agency at all. The CIA suffered greatly in the Watergate era and has ever since been greatly determined not to repeat abuses that could bring a reprise of its experiences in the 1970s. It has tremendous oversight from Congress, working very closely with the intelligence committees. Since the Watergate era the CIA has not been caught spying in the USA. It does spy outside the USA in accordance with its mandate.

I am concerned about these revelations. I do not fear being spied on by the CIA, but I have to imagine that what the CIA is capable of doing, so are or so will be other entities.

This gives all the more reason for despising the idea of cars being driven by computer software rather than by humans.

That may have been then, but I have to respectfully disagree that now, not so much. They are part of the deep state that everyone is talking about now. Career bureaucrats that will do pretty much anything to protect their place in the power structure. Don't get me wrong there are many good guys (and girls) in there, one of which had enough of all the unconstitutionality, to the point of being a whistle blower and leaking it to WL.

Take the NSA for example, between XKEYSCORE AND PRISM, they indiscriminately capture all internet traffic and store it in block-sized data centers for later review on any so-called suspicions. That completely violates the 4th amendment. That is being presumed guilty until proven innocent. And the times that they actually do get a warrant, it is presented to the very secretive rubber-stamp FISA court, which is supposed to be for foreign intelligence surveillance requests. So basically non-citizens have more rights than citizens, since they intercept all of our communications whenever they want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Watch the next "Fast & Furious" lol , you will support your idea even more :p

That completely violates the 4th amendment.

When people will understand that there is no real freedom... you are just allowed to do things your "leaders" deems you deserve. Those "leaders" are obviously above those "restrictions".

I heard that all governments got together at some secret location - I think it was at a pink flamingo disco that had fake palm trees and tinfoil lining the floors, walls and ceilings - and agreed to put nanosurveillance devices of the same size as the H2O molecule in the world's entire water supply. Once a person drinks a glass of water, they ingest many millions of those devices. The devices can see what you see, hear what you hear, and record your writing\speech and capture all data of any kind produced by humans. Records everything until you croak.

It's true... I read it on a security forum. So that means it's true.

D

Deleted member 178

I heard that all governments got together at some secret location - I think it was at a pink flamingo disco that had fake palm trees and tinfoil lining the floors, walls and ceilings - and agreed to put nanosurveillance devices of the same size as the H2O molecule in the world's entire water supply. Once a person drinks a glass of water, they ingest many millions of those devices. The devices can see what you see, hear what you hear, and record your writing\speech and capture all data of any kind produced by humans. Records everything until you die.

ROFL

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I heard that all governments got together at some secret location - I think it was at a pink flamingo disco that had fake palm trees and tinfoil lining the floors, walls and ceilings - and agreed to put nanosurveillance devices of the same size as the H2O molecule in the world's entire water supply. Once a person drinks a glass of water, they ingest many millions of those devices. The devices can see what you see, hear what you hear, and record your writing\speech and capture all data of any kind produced by humans. Records everything until you croak.

LOL!

RVS2

Level 3
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Spying is more useful on corporations and foreign governments. That is probably why they focus on digital devices and internet giants. That provides a huge advantage economically as well as reading social and ideological patterns in a population.
Thus spying helps in influencing entire generations and eventually retaining power. All countries do it. All of them want to spy on the world.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Spying is more useful on corporations and foreign governments. That is probably why they focus on digital devices and internet giants. That provides a huge advantage economically as well as reading social and ideological patterns in a population.
Thus spying helps in influencing entire generations and eventually retaining power. All countries do it. All of them want to spy on the world.
It is logical and expected, and if i was them i would do the same. Knowledge is power.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.