Advice Request Will Comodo FW and ZAM Premium conflict?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
There should not be a conflict between those applications.

I recommend you add each other to one another's exception list(s) though, and if possible, install COMODO Firewall first (i.e. before you install ZAM).

D

Deleted member 178

Does the new ZAM includes ZAL (heard from it somewhere) which has an HIPS? so if yes, 2 HIPS isn't a good thing and may conflict.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Does the new ZAM includes ZAL (heard from it somewhere) which has an HIPS? so if yes, 2 HIPS isn't a good thing and may conflict.
ZAM = antimalware
ZAL = antimalware + keystroke encryption ( + secure SSL apparently)

I believe the old version of ZAL had HIPS + cloud(intelliguard) but I don't know if the new one has it as well. I would to know if they truly still have HIPS.

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
I have experienced boot up problems on a Win 10 machine that had just WD and CF with ZAM Premium with real time protection turned on.

After totally (repeat totally) uninstalling ZAM the problem went away. I was time poor at the time and didn't bother to try to fix it or workout what the cause was. It may have been a conflict with something else.

@LanDude have you experienced any conflicts?

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Its seems that ZAM is blocking things but they also run sandboxed on CFW. Interesting....

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The case with Zemana is that improper installations/removal of some other protections or of ZAL itself causes instability and I've faced that. Zemana driver becomes notorious.
Coming to your question, I had ZAM+CFW active on my VM and I faced no conflicts or instability. You should try it yourself and see how if works in your system.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
The case with Zemana is that improper installations/removal of some other protections or of ZAL itself causes instability and I've faced that. Zemana driver becomes notorious.
Coming to your question, I had ZAM+CFW active on my VM and I faced no conflicts or instability. You should try it yourself and see how if works in your system.
I did. It works nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.