Advice Request Will Windows 8.1 users get a free upgrade to windows 10

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I was just wondering if windows 8.1 users will be able to get an upgrade to windows 10 when it's released next year does anyone know?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
There are many rumors, but Microsoft is still tight-lipped about it. You are asking a question that could never be answered at this early moment. The only way to know the answer is to wait when Microsoft chooses to disclose itself.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I was just wondering if windows 8.1 users will be able to get an upgrade to windows 10 when it's released next year does anyone know?
Microsoft has alluded that Windows 10 will be offered as an update in windows 8.1 and possibly Windows 7 SP1.The reason being is the reluctance of the majority of users to upgrade to a newer OS as was seen with XP and now with Windows 7.I believe they have come to grips with the realization that Windows 8.1 just isnt going to be used by a majority of users as well as business and Government agencies.Windows 10 is much closer to Windows 7 than Windows 8.1 in my opinion.
We will just have to wait and see though as it is a ways away from its Final release date.
Something to watch is Linux as it moves closer and closer to becoming a mainstream OS.It has so many flavors and is highly customizable that it is now moving to the forefront and has to be a consideration for the masses that feel Microsoft has let them down with the release of Windows 8. The best thing about Linux is the price..... $0.00 and will almost have to be a consideration if Microsoft doesn't offer 10 as an upgrade to Windows 7 users as well besides of course sticking with Windows 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
It would be cool to get something free from Microsoft. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let see since the thing here, Microsoft is focusing to a major latest version and wanted to happen like before that 8.1 will receive security updates only.

Again if still wanted to have Windows 10 then just sacrifice a little bucket. ;)

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.