Will you update to Windows 10 Fall Creators - How to delay it ?

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Will you update to Windows 10 Fall Creators ?

How to delay the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
The latest feature update for Windows 10 is about to start rolling out, although it may be months before it comes to your device (a quarter of users are still waiting for the Creators Update).

While you might be keen to update your installation, the truth is it’s often best to wait. Big updates like this usually introduce bugs and problems alongside new features, and unless you’re desperate to screw up your copy of Windows 10, I’d recommend holding off for a while. Even Microsoft warned users not to install the Creators Update when that first came out.

If you’re not in a hurry to get the Fall Creators Update you can delay it. There are several ways to do this.

Defer the Upgrade

The easiest way, if you’re running Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education, is to use the Settings app.

Click Start, and select Settings.

Go to Update & Security > Advanced Options
You can choose to defer the feature update for up to 365 days, or use the toggle to pause feature updates for up to 35 days.

More ways to postpone update : How to delay the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

SecretKeeper

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2015
Specially because this update seems to improve performance because it changes the way the CPU scheduler works. Many people is reporting performance improvements on multi core CPU's (AMD Ryzen for example), not only in games but on other softwares too.

Bonus! Roll on tomorrow! I'm pretty excited for the whole thing - I'd make a list of what I'm looking forward to, but the majority of them are insignificant. :p

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I'm already on the Fall Creators Update for the last few days. Initially, I had problems with Microsoft Store not working, but it started working today.

On the performance side, the system feels more responsive than before. Liking it so far.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have installed the update for a couples of days now but things aren't good.
For some strange reason I have too many windows processes running.
The number is from 65 to 75 processes. Something surely has gone wrong.
My wife's pc which has W10 Pro has as expected 30 to 32 windows processes.
Right now i am downloading W10 with Media creation tool on a usb to do a clean install.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014

Attachments

• 2017-10-16_22h43_08.png
    2017-10-16_22h43_08.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 404

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
You can only defer upgrades on Windows 10 Pro. For Windows 10 Home users, a workaround would be setting your Internet connection as metered. That has to be done for every network the PC connects, though.

Edit: the linked article actually explains this at the bottom.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.