Win 7 Defender removal

jrossite

Thread author
Dec 23, 2012
Thank you for offering a fix for the Win7 Defender virus. My problem is this: when I start my computer in safe mode with networking, the virus still keeps me from opening up an internet page. Is there any way to download the fix when I cannot get internet access?

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Hi and welcome to MT!

My name is Fiery and I will assist you in the removal of this rogue.

Open OTL. Under custom scan/fixes, copy and paste the following:

:OTL
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{B4D97131-5CC5-4526-94DB-F4D48E9A825B}: DhcpNameServer = 10.184.5.136 10.184.5.137 10.184.5.112

:Files
ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
[EMPTYTEMP]
[RESETHOSTS]

and click Run Fix . Post the log afterwards.

Also do you have a USB and another computer you can access to download and transfer the following files to the infected PC?

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Search.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
  • Quit all programs that you may have started.
  • Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
  • For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"
  • Wait until Prescan has finished ...
  • Then Click on "Scan" button
  • Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"
  • Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.
  • The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your Desktop
    Exit/Close RogueKiller+

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.