win32:Patched-AWQ [Trj] Infestation on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

komix_prv

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 13, 2016
Hello, I have the same problem as you (tips from Avast that dnsapi.dll is infected by Win32:patched-AWQ[Trj]) on Lenovo B50. With this I can't load any web page by chrome, ie or opera (dns error). Only when I stop (turn off) all Avast security settings I can walk through the whole Internet sites.

My Malwarebytes didn't find anything strange as Avast did.
My Avast when gone (uninstall) and I install Comodo Internet Secuirty, which says after scan that the same dnsapi.dll is corrupt. When I deletaed it from quarantine od Comodo, my MBAM stop starting - missing that .dll file.
I run SFC /scannnow as administrator in cmd and.... my files in windows repository were repaired but!!!! After reboot Windows Compilation (7601 - with SP1) seems to say, that it is an illegal version of Windows !!! Wrrrrr (only system Resotore help me, back to the past with Avast)

Do not try to do this with deleting or modyfing dnsapi.dll file...

Any sugestions what to do next with that Avast-Trojan-???

komix_prv

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 13, 2016
Sorry, it have to be reply to post started by grumpy. I don't understand what I do, that becomes a new thread.

komix_prv

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 13, 2016
Oh, ok. I'm new one here. In my free time I look through the forum rules. I noticed post by grumpy here in MT and I wanted to share my current problems with friends computer.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
This is malware removal assistance forum and is not intended for sharing problems, but for helping people remove malware. One topic = one user = one problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.