JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I don't Know what is the best choice to run with Emsisoft Internet Security ?
Cant you help me to decide ?
Thanks.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Edit:
As you already have EIS then just add MBAM(free as a 2nd scanner) and MBAE(free).

My vote goes to HMP.A(as I personally use it, and it has anti-encrypt, anti-exploit, anti-keylogger, safe browsing, etc... ), IMO you might want to consider other options as well like anti-exe/isolation.

Last edited:
A

Alkajak

Best to mix and match nowadays, don't rely on branding.

WinPatrol/AntiRansom
Settings are a bit less user friendly to set up. Some knowledge is needed. Very customizable.
Unnoticeable and light in background.
WinPatrol is a good software for policies.
WinAntiRansom is the most effective anti-ransom software right now.
Does not protect you from other types of malware.

MBAM/MBAE
Settings are more user friendly, but less customizable.
Light in the background. A bit more noticeable.
Decent/Good detection.
Real-time and on-demand malware protection.

HMP.A
Lots of features (anti-exploit, anti-crypt, anti-keylogger, etc).
Unnoticeable and light in the background.
Great detection.
On-demand malware protection.

Most secure option (overkill): WinPatrol + WinAntiRansom + HMP.A + MBAM Premium
Most secure option (good enough): HMP.A + MBAM Premium
Most affordable option (good enough for me): HMP.A.

My current setup: Emsisoft Internet Security + HMP.A

N

Noxx

Emsisoft + HMPA. I don't personally think you need standalone ransomware protection as long as you have an anti-executable and have the mindset of reading the article before judging a headline. Plenty to choose from: NVT Exe Radar Pro, APPGUARD (I recommend this for average users), ReHIPS (in beta, huge potential, wait for stable release), etc. However, if you delve into torrents and such (not judging), you may want to consider WinAntiRansom because they're a beehive for ransomware. Good luck in any decision you may make.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
  • System Resource Usage - HMP.A
  • Realistic Performance Impact - HMP.A
  • Ease of Use - HMP.A
  • Graphical User Interface HMP.A
  • Inclusive Product Features - HMP.A (for reference take a look here: HitmanPro.Alert - SurfRight)
  • Preferred Product and Why?
I have personally tested HMP.A in different configurations (with ZAM, CIS, SAP, EIS and VS) and it always provided top notch security without any conflits and performance issues so my vote goes to HMP.A because it is the most easy to use yet most complex tool among all mentioned in this thread and it will for sure work flawless with EIS.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
WinPatrol is a good addition to your setup but it is not really needed.

I think a program like WinPatrol or StartupStar is needed, because not only bad programs but reputable programs like CCleaner will set themselves to autostart on your system, and this way you have an easy way to veto that.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
MBAM + MBAE great detection, light on system, AND can be customize able.

HitmanPro.Alert seems a little clunky with the scanner and such. 2nd Place

WAR didn't seemed to like that much didn't have good dection IMO.

Reactions: JB007 and Niente
N

Noxx

WinAntiRansom is partly an anti-executable. WinPatrol is a pseudo-HIPS. WinPatrol has not been properly updated in years.

Both WinAntiRansom and WinPatrol are still good softs, but AppGuard + HMP.A would be much stronger.

I've noticed that WinAntiRansom will block more than just ransomware. Kind of cool. And yes, I agree with AppGuard + HMP.A. Don't really even need Emsisoft in that case apart from a few on-demand scanners.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I think a program like WinPatrol or StartupStar is needed, because not only bad programs but reputable programs like CCleaner will set themselves to autostart on your system, and this way you have an easy way to veto that.
You can tweak your startup programs in services.msc, task manager and msconfig. Also, when installing a program in the future, you may uncheck the “Start the program during startup” option before you click the finish button during the installation. WinPatrol is a good alternative though. :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I chose MBAM + MBAE for its given track record.
I have also been paying very close attention to sis and her knowledge of WinAntiRamsom
because of the things she has pointed out I may be soon giving WinAntiRansom a spin around the block.
MBAM and MBAE have been staples on my system for a very long time, even while I test or try out dif configs
I never uninstall these, I just deactivate them and leave them on my system for later use.
Here as of late though WinAntiRansom is looking more and more like a solid choice to battle the ever
rising threat of Ransomware, and combined with EmsiSoft's products it would be a smart choice IMHO JB007.

PeAcE

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi
Thanks all for your reactivity and your explanations:)
A moment ago I read here Question - WinPatrol WinAntiRansom PLUS that WAR had some issues and its parameters seem a bit difficult for non experts, so I decided to wait before testing it.
I will test Emsisoft Internet Security + MBAM Premium + MBAE Premium on 2 PC
and Emsisoft Internet Security + HitmanPro.Alert + MBAM Premium on other two.
What do you think about these configs ?

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I would go for your second option w/c is Emsisoft Internet Security + HitmanPro.Alert(as it includes Hitmanpro) + MBAM Premium.
As others suggested rather than going for a anti-ransom software try adding something like Appguard, NVTERP, or ReHIPS instead.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Both my laptops are using Emsisoft + HMP.A.

On-Demand scanning is more than enough for me. Great Compatibility. Just configure HMP.A to include some vulnerable app and you're good to go.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Excuse me! HMP.A clunky? MBAM + MBAE light on resources? I forgive you because it's Sunday and you're probably still a little bit dizzy after Saturday night party :D:p

My private life is none of your business XD.

Anway MBAE is very light on resources while MBAM can help stop threats. I have had issues using HitmanPro.Alert scanning then the original product. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may not be AS good but it can still get the job done really well.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
My private life is none of your business XD.

Anway MBAE is very light on resources while MBAM can help stop threats. I have had issues using HitmanPro.Alert scanning then the original product. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may not be AS good but it can still get the job done really well.
The voices silently whispering in your head are 100% right: I am HMP/HMP.A fanboy :rolleyes:

OK now more proffesional info: MBAE cannot inject into AppContainer processes of Google Chrome which means that if AC is enabled then processes running in it are not protected by MBAE. HMP.A doesn't have that problem.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
The voices silently whispering in your head are 100% right: I am HMP/HMP.A fanboy :rolleyes:

OK now more proffesional info: MBAE cannot inject into AppContainer processes of Google Chrome which means that if AC is enabled then processes running in it are not protected by MBAE. HMP.A doesn't have that problem.

I don't entirely know that much about exploit protection since I have never dealt with an exploit but you can customize MBAE's advanced settings and probally get more protection. HMP.A is very good but like most products. My CPU and GPU max at %100 and have no idea why.

Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.