JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I don't Know what is the best choice to run with Emsisoft Internet Security ?
Cant you help me to decide ?
Thanks.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks for information.
I will post my security config and wait for your comments:oops:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
With protection, HitmanPro can easily be replaced with a combination of Zemana Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. :) MBAE has many integrated layers of protection can easily replace HitmanPro.

MBAE's New Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Adds Fingerprinting Detection
MBAE cannot replace HMP.A when it comes to more advanced features like keystroke encryption, Safe Browsing or Crypto Guard but it is OK if we are talking about basic (and only basic) anti-explot protection - just take a look at the comparsion list of offered exploit protection techniques - it speaks for itself:

zPE6Rmo.png

MBAE is maybe a some kind of alternative but still needs a lot of improvement before you can say that it can easily replace HMP.A.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
MBAE cannot replace HMP.A when it comes to more advanced features like keystroke encryption, Safe Browsing or Crypto Guard but it is OK if we are talking about basic (and only basic) anti-explot protection - just take a look at the comparsion list of offered exploit protection techniques - it speaks for itself:

zPE6Rmo.png

MBAE is maybe a some kind of alternative but still needs a lot of improvement before you can say that it can easily replace HMP.A.

Sorry however this test may be outdated since the latest release of MBAE as there were more features implemented. With exploit protection from MBAE it can block the attempt of ransomeware before it gets onto the PC. I also don't mean to be rude but this test is also somewhat biased as it was done by HMP Alert so of course they would purposely give better results to there product. I am not saying it would be any better if Malwarebytes did this. But they need an even playing field of somewhat not in favor of either company to judge.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB007

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Your debate JGamez & pablozi is very inetresting, and the choice is very difficult (maybe impossible) for an inexperienced user like me:oops:

Honestly either one is good just as long as you don't run two or more of the same kind of product (2 av or 2 av malware) you should be fine. :) Conflicts can leave your system vulnerable to attacks. I like Malwarebytes and HMP products so its up to your preference on to what to use.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Taking the user's experience level into consideration needs to take a front seat over winning the "pick me pick me" battle.
JB007 VooDooShield free would be more in tune with your needs and skill level. PeAcE
VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.
Allow the page to load and scroll to the bottom and select the 2.85 free version on the left.
If you need ant help with the config feel free to message me.

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I like Malwarebytes and HMP products so its up to your preference on to what to use.
So do I :) and I do even own lifetime licenses for both Malwarebytes products and I have used MBAE for quite long time but I missed HMP.A features so much that I ditched MBAE and bought HMP + HMP.A license - it's simply a matter of preference.
Taking the user's experience level into consideration needs to take a front seat over winning the "pick me pick me" battle.
But how can we answer users questions in the War Room section if not based on our own experience with the product? Of course we can rely on the bare technical facts but then the whole meaning of this section would be lost. Or am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
But how can we answer users questions in the War Room section if not based on our own experience with the product? Of course we can rely on the bare technical facts but then the whole meaning of this section would be lost. Or am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Agree on what @pablozi says have experience on both products not merely pointing out the technical details/capabilities in there site. Both perform quiet well against exploit attack most I've encountered in the wild are attacks on Internet Explorer, HMP.A does have a few advantages over MBAE like its risk reduction feature and safe browsing, MBAE main advantage is its free...

Why I choose HMP.A because of its added feature, not because its light, or has better exploit protection[SBIE+Appguard, in addition to ReHIPS(I'll replace this w/NVTERP) don't think any exploit/malware can pass that].

Move back here as @JB007 config thread was inadvertently been hijacked:D by HMP.A & MBAE comparison...

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You can tweak your startup programs in services.msc, task manager and msconfig.

Yes, but it's more convenient to get a message from WinPatrol as soon as an unwanted autostart sets up on your system and just block it right then and there.

Also, when installing a program in the future, you may uncheck the “Start the program during startup” option before you click the finish button during the installation. WinPatrol is a good alternative though. :)

It's nice when a program has the good manners to show you such an option, and I'm always on the outlook for it. But more often than not a program has no such manners, especially when it's an update rather than an initial install.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Yes, but it's more convenient to get a message from WinPatrol as soon as an unwanted autostart sets up on your system and just block it right then and there.
I agree.

It's nice when a program has the good manners to show you such an option, and I'm always on the outlook for it. But more often than not a program has no such manners, especially when it's an update rather than an initial install.
Yeah. Unfortunately, not all the programs has that option.

Reactions: JB007

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Either choose your important concern.

Ransomware is part of partial threat attacks compare to exploit that can occur everywhere so you need to choose which products is effective for your setup.

However as long you can anticipate the consciousness then you can have the setup as long no overlapping components.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Please do not hijack this thread with other discussions. If you feel you need to discuss other options not listed here, please either use Security Config/Start a new thread in relevant sub forum/Start a conversation.

I have moved most messages to the correct thread however next time this happens I will simply delete it.
Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.