Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do paranoid Windows users do, disable your AV and scared to get infected? :eek:

Download using Windows Update.

upload_2016-8-2_20-19-3.png

Temporary: Permanently disabled Avast Premier. ;)

ap.png

Battery: High Performance + Plugged into Mains Power.

upload_2016-8-2_20-41-22.png

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
AU update installed fine here without any problems. I've been messing around with ZoneAlarm Extreme Security alongside ZAL (the beta where both AM and AL are combined) and they didn't cause any problems. ZoneAlarm itself (like many others) had support for the AU update before it was officially released for the general public - although ZoneAlarm seems to have updated to that version after AU was installed.

Some of the features I noticed immediately like improved sticky note (which I use heavily), a slight redesign of the start menu to include things like power menu (shutdown, restart, etc for ease of use), and the settings menu have a dark theme that you can toggle on/off in personalization under Color tab.

My only annoyance is that they reinstalled those apps like 3D Builder. I really wish they would stop doing that. Will probably do a fresh install with updated ISO in a few days or sooner if I encounter any problems.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I'm running the Windows Update. Everything running a-ok. Like Umbra I only run Windows Defender,no problem there running smooth. I noticed WD now has icon in the system tray now. I also have Malwarebytes Premium,Voodooshield pro, and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Premium, all running great together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.