Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Update went smooth.I did however disable all Security programs prior to the update.
KIS 2016 running and Windows defender is off after the update
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.02_21h20m09s_001_.png

Classic Shell was uninstalled during the update for incompatibility and I had to reinstall ZAM as it was apparently messed up during the update.

Quite a lot of improvements.I like the new start menu as well as the improvements in the settings.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Update went smoothly. I had to use Windows Update to obtain compatible bluetooth drivers, had to reenter my Kaspersky license and reinstall safesign and that's all.

The new start menu is nice and graphics performance in my notebook is now much more responsive. I can even play Fallout 4 in Ultra now :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On the process now for updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

For sure high chance of no issue raise, why?

• Because I don't have any 3rd party security program (except Reason Core as scanner only) so issues will not influence even drivers.
  • Usually as long you are not installing any related to protection, updates or even upgrades will just successfully execute.
  • As long your computer/laptop is tightly attach to AC then suppose no interruption of updates.
I'm looking forward for Microsoft Edge's extension support that will surely eliminate advertisement using adblocker as it causes crashes for that browser itself when surfing.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
dead link, content removed
I downloded from this link but i had cyberfox referrer set to "spoof referrer"

By the Way , Dear members ,

HOW COME you dare to do such an important upgrade of your system with your AV installed , are you serious !!!!

For those who did it , you deserve :

free photo upload

:D
Did he just kill an insect with that hammer?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Forgive me for being forgetful but didn't the upgrade stop in July?
Well it seems not so, I just fired my old laptop which has windows 8 and went to my C: drive and it looks like windows 10 is downloading?
They like you so your getting it reguardless lol :p
I put you on the windows 10 donor list in Bills office, its next to his big bag of green rofl

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
in three hours iso will be downloaded.
i will be doing fresh install.
i will also be converting to GPT partition. Is there anything I should know before moving to GPT partition?

i have converted external hard disks to GPT partitions. There is some issue with the length of file names when moving/copying files. i get messages like "file name is larger than supported file system".

i am thinking about those folks who don't have high speed unlimited internet connection. How are they going top upgrade. This upgrade will consume all their internet bandwidth and money.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
you deserve the Ban Hammer Ex :p
In my defense :p I have had this problem with ZAM on Windows 7 and 10 for some reason upon shutting it down it has problems restarting and requires reinstalllation.
After the upgrade when attempting to start the program it would try and update and then close itself :confused:
Reinstalled ZAM and all is fine now

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
The update comes last night (August 2nd), and no problem with Emsisoft Internet Security :)
View attachment 110703
Me2 :)
Not came across any settings changed, EIS, ZAM, SD, HMP(.A), SoftMaker Office Professional 2016, PSE13 and of course Chrome run smooth.
Update took it's time but seems it was worth it.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I'm also running HMP.A and Office Pro 2013 whitout problem:)
Are you using ZAM realtime ?
Glad to hear that :)
Although I do have the premium version of it, I do not run it in realtime (however, they would complement each other nicely).
Reasons: On my Laptop due to the contribution to the HUB - testing EIS there. Any other Security Software would distort results of that AV. I'd probably forget to turn it off sometimes ;) Have to manually shut down HMP.A (realtime) every time I enter ShadowDefender - for the same reason ;)
On my PC, I did not try it out yet to run ZAM in realtime, bit afraid it would bring down the very good boot time ;)
Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.