DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Just booted and got a black screen, then a blue screen (No QR code) got it to boot but it seems to lag!
So tomorrow i'm gonna do a clean install see if that helps.
Missing a few programs too like startisback and comodo rules have gone AWOL too:(
:'( Hope it will be resolved

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Glad to hear that :)
Although I do have the premium version of it, I do not run it in realtime (however, they would complement each other nicely).
Reasons: On my Laptop due to the contribution to the HUB - testing EIS there. Any other Security Software would distort results of that AV. I'd probably forget to turn it off sometimes ;) Have to manually shut down HMP.A (realtime) every time I enter ShadowDefender - for the same reason ;)
On my PC, I did not try it out yet to run ZAM in realtime, bit afraid it would bring down the very good boot time ;)
Do you?
I installed the Anniversary Update, then re enabled Zemana AntiMalware Premium(real time), HitmanPro.Alert, and Adguard Premium and all work perfectly :) Also my boot and shutdown times are amazing;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

clean installed my machines, setup everything, and when I wad ready to enjoy my new system; my main machine decided to die ... screen stay black, can't see and access the BIOS, surely the motherboard has a problem... now it stay at the repair shop.
Writing from my sluggish mini-laptop with Atom CPU and 1.44gb available RAM :mad:

BTW, this Win10 Update is awesome, I can ditch many tools and apps I used to configure Win10.
Only thing I don't like much is the new UAC , if you have a pin and 2 or more user account, you have to expend it...
Edge with Lastpass extension is great.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I had a black screen problem today solved Thanks to @Andytay70 . I was using Windows 10 anniversary update. I clicked "install" on an Intel HD graphics driver update which appeared in Windows update. After that, the screen became black and I could only move the cursor. After switching off the pc by pressing the boot button for multiple seconds, all came back normal (the driver was installed successfully). I don't know if it's a Windows 10 or a temporany driver problem, but I'd like to share this with you

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
Been loving it so far! In love with Edge due to it's ability to have Lastpass and add-ons on it. Microsoft did a great job improving performance. Booting my computer now takes up a lot less and its completely smooth now with the fade transition (at least with my 144hz monitor) on the lock screen the experience is very nice. Performance has been tremendous and I love pretty much everything so far the only thing is the dark theme is applicable to the settings only. I wish I could see it everywhere even on windows explorer; now that would be a tough one and I don't know if it would look good. The start menu is a bit different now but it doesn't bother me at all. The UAC I'm hating so far; the look is horrible but it's something I can live with.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Periodically Scans for Malware in the Background
One of the least talked-about features that come with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update concerns Windows Defender, which is evolving from a basic security product to a fully featured antivirus solution that can actually protect your system against the newest malware.

Called “Limited Period Scanning,” the new feature is available right now in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Settings app in Update & security > Windows Defender > Limited Periodic Scanning, but note that you’re not going to see it unless you are running third-party antivirus protection on your computer.

Starting with Windows 8 (and also in Windows 10), Windows Defender is the default antivirus solution, and it is automatically disabled once third-party security apps are installed. But with the Anniversary Update, Windows Defender continues to perform automatic scans in the background at moments that are the most convenient to you (such as when the PC is idle) to make sure that no malware reaches your data.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
How long should this update take on average? I've updated via Windows Update and I've been staring at black screen with the spinning windows circle for about 2 1/2 hours now. I've got a pretty decent rig which installs updates with no issues for the most part. Is waiting this long normal?

EDIT- I did a force reboot and it reverted my OS to the state it was in before the update. Time for round 2

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
How long should this update take on average? I've updated via Windows Update and I've been staring at black screen with the spinning windows circle for about 2 1/2 hours now. I've got a pretty decent rig which installs updates with no issues for the most part. Is waiting this long normal?
It shouldn't take that long at all, after the download actual install was maybe 20 minutes, I didn't time it but it was pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.