Troubleshoot windows 10 bsod, won't boot to safe mode ( irql not less than equal, ndistpr64sys)

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
Please help I've tried looking through all the threads I could. Inadvertently did this with a download last night. Thought boot into safe mode was being prevented by my wireless keyboard so I'm hardwired in now but still can't get to safe mode screen.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Please help I've tried looking through all the threads I could. Inadvertently did this with a download last night. Thought boot into safe mode was being prevented by my wireless keyboard so I'm hardwired in now but still can't get to safe mode screen.
If you can not access Safe Mode for what ever reason, there is another option as well.

Use another system, download Microsoft Media Creation Tool, burn it to a flash drive. Come back to the unbootable system, place it in a USB slot, and boot from the flash drive.
Download Windows 10

Note: you may have to change boot order in your Bios to do so.

Once you have booted from it, DO NOT CLICK install, instead click REPAIR.
In the Troubleshoot options >Advanced Tools to open a Command Prompt, type: sfc /scannow

If this fails to address the issue, you can run a boot repair by entering Repair again, Troubleshoot options, run a Startup Repair. If that fails to start Windows, boot back into Troubleshoot >Advanced Tools to open a Command Prompt, type: bootrec /rebuildbcd , press Enter, restart.

Once you gain access back to the system, try to determine what has caused this issue to begin with, normally it will be Hardware or Drivers, but can be software as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Yes, you did it an easier way. For those that don't know on a 3rd failed boot Windows will auto boot to a repair / restore screen.
@justin rodriguez
I was about to post this for you as a suggestion. Glad you got it under control.
Good Luck ;)
It is an easy way, but should that repair fail, now your back to using the method i mentioned above. I personally keep a copy of windows 10 on a flash drive just for these purposes.

Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
thanks. so now im back in my system. can i get a walkthrough of repairing or preferably simply removing
the problematic driver which im assuming is the ndistpr64sys?
Keep us up to date how you go repairing your system. ;) Then I would suggest a good free backup solution such as Macrium Reflect to backup your system. It is free and reliable and you can avoid these type of situations again. :)

Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes, you did it an easier way. For those that don't know on a 3rd failed boot Windows will auto boot to a repair / restore screen.
@justin rodriguez
I was about to post this for you as a suggestion. Glad you got it under control.
Good Luck ;)
Very good to know, thanks brother. ;) It always good to learn new things. :)

Upvote 0

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
yes indeed guys. i feel a little frozen up at this point though. dont want to do the wrong thing. so the best thing to do is to put windows 10 on a flash drive, and then just go through the earlier post by _cyberghost_?

Reactions: MalwareTracker
Upvote 0

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
thank all of you guys for being here to chat me down, totally appreciate it! im going to start a new thread but dont want to post uneccessarily without doing my due diligence first.
right now my issue is figuring out why i cant run the frst tool in safe mode. if you guys can help me to get this report going then i can contact the Eagle

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.