Windows 10 Build 14393.10 is RTM Anniversary Update

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ISO's are coming later today and The Windows 10 Anniversary Update will become available for users around the world in stages, as Microsoft needs to update more than 350 million devices.

Microsoft today released Windows 10 for PCs build 14393.10 to the Fast ring.

Build 14393.10 is the third cumulative update for 14393, which is the RTM build of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The Slow and Release Preview rings - and the Fast ring for Windows 10 Mobile - are still on 14393.5, which arrived just four days ago.

We're less than a day from the release of the Anniversary Update now, so this build isn't likely to make it to the Production ring in time.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Microsoft released the new cumulative update without a corresponding changelog. Dona Sarkar has promised one soon, so stay tuned for that. Until then, we have no way of knowing what fixes are in KB3176929.

If you're on the Fast ring, you can grab the update by heading over to Settings -> Updates & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. If you're not, go to Advanced options and turn on Insider builds. Once your PC restarts, go back and set it to the Fast ring.

Update: Contrary to Dona Sarkar's tweet, it would appear that 14393.10 is going out to all rings - rather than just the Fast ring - including the Production ring, PCs running build 14393 but are not on the Insider Preview. Thanks to JayZJay for the tip!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just download the Media Creation Tool from MS and open it, after you open it select the option to Upgrade this PC now, and it will automatically
start downloading the update all by itself. If windows update is having issues it's best to bypass it altogether anyway.
Without the Storm hovering over my home, the download would have taken me about 20min It's between 3 to 4gig in size by my math (data used) using netbalancer, I didn't mark the exact start so it's a close guess.
PeAcE

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
does anyone know if the windows ISOs from thewincentral are reliable?
they link to a download from adguard.
reliable?
Use the WU links provided by @Kardo Kristal for a direct installation or wait for the Media Creation Tool to be updated with the latest stable build.

Go here: Windows 10 ISO

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Wow get free Windows and pay to your ISP
Right, I know, and i have this hanging out over my home to deal with as well, which is slowing my download to a crawl
My_Weather.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
does anyone know if the windows ISOs from thewincentral are reliable?
they link to a download from adguard.
reliable?

@shmu26,

I guess that they are safe but if possible try to compare hashes.

In general I suggest to download ESD files (upgrade file which you can convert to ISO file).

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
HI how to install cab files(windows10.0-kb3176929). I have no idea. Never done before.

Hi @NUWANTHA,

Please try out the following method.
  1. Open "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  2. Lets assume your file is windows10.0-kb3176929.cab and is located in "C:\update\"
  3. Now enter the following command in Command Prompt window: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\update\windows10.0-kb3176929.cab
Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

NUWANTHA

Level 1
Apr 22, 2013
Hi @NUWANTHA,

Please try out the following method.

Open Command Prompt (Admin)

Lets assume your file is myupdate.cab and is located in C:\update\

Now enter the following command in Command Prompt window: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\update\myupdate.cab

Regards,
Kardo

Hi Kardo

Thank you so much. I just found same idea on the internet also. So thank you so much for your help. I have successfully executed the process. :) :)

Good day.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Review: Bugs & Performance
"I’ve noticed some issues with the lockscreen taking longer than average to load. The Start and Action Center flyouts also take a few seconds too long to surface in Tablet Mode. Neither rises to the level of bugs that Microsoft dumped on users with the last major release. A malfunctioning, resource-hogging OneDrive app does rise to the level of last year’s issues. Killing it in the Task Manager solves that problem until Microsoft can do something about it snatching up processing power behind the scenes.

Microsoft Edge has some problems. Edge crashes without warning or reason in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Sometimes, the issues seem directly related to Flash advertisements. Other times, the browser will crash when creating a new window from an existing tab. Microsoft argues that web pages load faster in Edge, but they seem to hang. If you’re planning to use another web browser anyway, do the upgrade. If Microsoft Edge is your daily browser, remember to keep Internet Explorer pinned to your Taskbar as a back up. At least, for the next few weeks, you’ll need it."

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Update

The rollout

Microsoft points out that the Anniversary Update is now "being rolled out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases, starting with the newer machines first". The update will be pushed to devices automatically through Windows Update "starting with the newer machines first".

However, Microsoft says that "if you don’t want to wait for the update to roll out to you, you can manually get the update yourself on your personal PC" via Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.