shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have anniversary edition, without cortana. no hacks.
cortana is not available yet in my country!
just go and change your location to afganistan or something like that, and you won't have cortana for a LONG time.
You can leave language and date format etc all the same, and just change your location.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have anniversary edition, without cortana. no hacks.
cortana is not available yet in my country!
just go and change your location to afganistan or something like that, and you won't have cortana for a LONG time.
You can leave language and date format etc all the same, and just change your location.
I did the same thing :) With some additions from ShutUp10, and Cortana is completely disabled

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Guys, just wait, Microsoft will release Official ISO's later during the day ;)
Yeah this is what I am doing, My net quit due to that storm last night and i was @ 99% I said a large amount of cusswords and went to bed.
But from what i am reading the Media Creation Tool was not updated as advertised so it most likely saved me from having to re-nuke a large
number of apps and reg tweaks anyway. Lesson= sit back and be patient :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Are these official final installers that are supposed to be released today?

@XhenEd Yes. :)

Windows 10 Build 14393.10 Changelog

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Improved reliability of background tasks and extensions for Microsoft Edge.
  • Addressed licensing issue that prevents apps from activating.
  • Addressed issue that prevents changing display orientation after attaching a keyboard dock.
  • Addressed issue with scheduled update scans that are delayed during Connected Standby.
  • Addressed issue that sometimes prevent Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) apps from receiving keyboard input.
  • Addressed issue with event logging that creates very large virtual allocations.
  • Addressed issues that cause high battery drain when a Windows 10 Mobile device is idle or the screen is off.
  • Addressed additional issues with Cortana, Microsoft Query and Microsoft Excel compatibility, and the Korean Input Method Editor (IME).
Regards,
Kardo

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Download took hours (it's huge to my experience, cannot tell how big), took quite some time to get installed (I got it already yesterday via Windows Update, but the download was interupted, so I picked it up today again), ran smoothely on 1st try :) Yay :)
Thanks for the changelog @Kardo Kristal

BTW I activated WD Limited Periodic scanning, being interested how it's like :)

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
through Windows Update.

@Huracan

I got update via Windows Update and it was fast.

"This update includes improvements and fixes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1607. The package size for the x86 version is 24 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 36 MB."

Source

Regards,
Kardo

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@Der.Reisende The original Windows 10 ISO for 64-bit is 4.07GB, not sure about file size through Windows Update.
Could be something in this dimension, according to the log of my "Surfstick" (some USB thing providing mobile internet). It unfortunately only shows used GB for the time the log activated, not single statistics.

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
I really hate that this update changes settings behind my back, installed apps that I previously deleted and added notifications that encourage you to use a Microsoft account.
I´ll be honest with you. I don´t think they do it on purpose since it´s literally an entire OS Upgrade I guess they can´t keep all settings the same. Anyways you lose 2 minutes of your life turning off those settings again.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Wow! :eek:
Mine took more than 3 hours. :D

1.jpg

It helps :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.