McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
windows-10-update-03_story.jpg

While Microsoft had announced that the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update was coming today, things haven't turned out that way so far. And while it was actually offered to the Release Preview ring, the company also quietly rolled out an update for Windows 10 PCs, build 15063.250.

This one is available to everyone, rather than just Insiders. Here's the full range of fixes listed in the changelog:
  • Addressed issue where VMs might experience loss in network connectivity while provisioning IP addresses.
  • Addressed issue that does not initiate a remote ring on the device when RemoteRing Configuration....

Read more

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Okay, so I can't figure this out: yesterday, I installed this update. Went smooth, no problem, rebooted, went back to life.
Today I click on reboot, and Windows starts "configuring" for several long minutes. Finally, the computer actually reboots, and I check Windows update, and it has absolutely nothing to say about today's dramatic event.
What just happened??

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Okay, so I can't figure this out: yesterday, I installed this update. Went smooth, no problem, rebooted, went back to life.
Today I click on reboot, and Windows starts "configuring" for several long minutes. Finally, the computer actually reboots, and I check Windows update, and it has absolutely nothing to say about today's dramatic event.
What just happened??
Who knows what happens in the bowels of Windows...o_O

Reactions: frogboy and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Users in many countries are very disappointed that Microsoft did not include a fix for the non-unicode fonts issue, which is crippling many apps that employ a non-roman character set.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
What just happened??
Mine was about preparing update, but it never finished. I waited for about 10 minutes, so I forced shutdown my laptop. Like yours, I haven't found anything about windows update. I'm not sure if this is because of this update or the newly installed KIS 2018. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.