Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Are you downloading Windows 10 upgrade? or planning to do so in next few hours? then we are totally sorry for spoiling your excitement but we think that you should know some facts that can grade Windows 10 into a spying software.

With every new version of an operating system there comes new exiting features and Windows 10 is no doubt a major upgrade that brings along variety of cool stuff; including the legendary “Start Menu button”.

Along with sleek features, Windows 10 comes with new set of privacy policies that have attracted a lot of criticism with-in 24 hours of its launch.

You should go ahead and read Privacy Policy and Service Agreement yourself in detail to find out the extent of information that you would be sharing with Microsoft.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think this one is the NSA's answer, oh, and Obama: "We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect the rights or property of Microsoft."

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Anyone can comes to Microsoft and ask about a private data of specific customer and they give data to them happily this is the worst thing about privacy terms

Reactions: Logethica

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I take privacy policies with a grain of salt. They take information whether you say yes or not in my eyes. Every company. As long as you don't commit some heinous crime, I doubt they will ever look at your data.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have opted out of everything, Kaspersky 2016 blocks all tracking companies, which I think is very good.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Who is this???? :confused:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 291
D

Deleted member 2913

Under settings I have disabled quite many things.
After I finish setting everything I will post all my customizations under settings & other places to know experts suggestions here.

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In actual overview people who are totally conscious/OCD should really complain for the newly Privacy Agreement however, at the end of the day, did you do something wrong? If not then why worry? Microsoft move isn't always surprise like other does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.