Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Microsoft today revealed the upcoming version of Windows named Windows 10. They demoed several new features that will be part of this upcoming Windows release. In order to make Windows 10 work smoothly across platforms, Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Continuum. This means the Windows 10interface will change depending on what device you're using. For example, if you're working with a laptop-tablet hybrid like the Surface, you'll be met with the standard desktop while using the tablet with its keyboard. Once you unplug the keyboard, however, you'll switch over to tablet mode.

When you remove the keyboard, you'll get a prompt asking if you'd like to switch to tablet mode. If you choose yes, the app you're working in (Outlook in this case) will expand to a full-screen mode. When you navigate home, you'll also be presented with the touch-friendly tiled interface rather than the desktop, since it knows you're using the tablet portion of the device.

Check out Windows 10 Continuum feature live:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Microsoft today revealed the upcoming version of Windows named Windows 10. They demoed several new features that will be part of this upcoming Windows release. In order to make Windows 10 work smoothly across platforms, Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Continuum. This means the Windows 10interface will change depending on what device you're using. For example, if you're working with a laptop-tablet hybrid like the Surface, you'll be met with the standard desktop while using the tablet with its keyboard. Once you unplug the keyboard, however, you'll switch over to tablet mode.

When you remove the keyboard, you'll get a prompt asking if you'd like to switch to tablet mode. If you choose yes, the app you're working in (Outlook in this case) will expand to a full-screen mode. When you navigate home, you'll also be presented with the touch-friendly tiled interface rather than the desktop, since it knows you're using the tablet portion of the device.

Check out Windows 10 Continuum feature live:

Finally... It took them awhile to realize that two user interfaces aren't need it at once....I have Windows 8.1, but I have never used the Metro interface as I'm on a keyboard/mouse setup, so seeing this is a good news.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From the video is appears to be exclusive to Surface Pro device, hope it's compatible with other devices in the future.

Reactions: MrExplorer and Jack

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Can I install alongside Windows 7?
You could run windows 7 in a virtual machine if you really wanted too
but if you had Windows 10, I'd just use that and drop Windows 7.
However, I'd wait until reviews actually come out on Windows 10 so you don't go wasting your time.

Reactions: Jack

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
You could run windows 7 in a virtual machine if you really wanted too
but if you had Windows 10, I'd just use that and drop Windows 7.
However, I'd wait until reviews actually come out on Windows 10 so you don't go wasting your time.

That didn't answer my question.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014

I don't see any problem. About a year ago for testing purpose I installed Windows Xp, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows server 2012 on the same computer. Everything worked fine. So, I think installing two Os is not problem. But it's recommended to install Windows 7 firstly and Windows 10, then. Otherwise, the Windows 7 will erase Windows 10 bootloader and you will have to recover it

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.