Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://news.softpedia.com/news/wind...b3193494-also-failing-to-install-508542.shtml

Microsoft has recently released Windows 10 cumulative update KB3193494 in order to bring the KB3189866 saga to an end, but it turns out that there are users who are experiencing issues with this new patch as well.

Some of those who were offered the new cumulative update are reporting problems when attempting to install it, and the way it happens looks very similar to what others have experienced in the past.

In most of the cases, the cumulative update fails to install, and it simply rolls back before getting users back to the desktop. The update is then reoffered and redownloaded before the system is once again rebooted to attempt the install.

Users who couldn’t install the original KB3189866 update were confident that this new one fixes the problems, so they rushed to install it.

“I have already read some issues with this update and that you should install the offline updater. It has the same problem. Microsoft released KB3193494 to resolve the download issue, so I tried again. Still the same problem,” one of them explains on Microsoft’s Community forums.

Post-installation problems
Others are reporting issues spotted after the update successfully installed on their computers and upon removal, everything seems to be returning to normal, which is living proof that this latest cumulative update is the source of the problems.

“The latest update KB3193494 makes my network drive to become inaccessible. When I remove this update, everything goes back to normal. If the update KB3193494 gets reinstalled, the problem comes back,” another user whose computer is experiencing unusual behavior after installing this cumulative update said.

For the moment, this doesn’t seem to be a widespread issue and Microsoft is obviously yet to acknowledge it, but it remains to be seen how many users are actually hit by the reported problems as more install it from Windows Update.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Tried again and now it wont go past the log in screen? Back to windows 8 untill MS sort this crap out!

Reactions: frogboy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I successfully installed KB3189866, then I don't need this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.