- Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has released the optional KB4601382 Preview cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 and Windows 10 20H2.
This cumulative update is the February 2021 monthly "C" update that allows users and admins to preview the upcoming fixes scheduled for release in the upcoming March 2021 Patch Tuesday.
This preview update only contains bug fixes, performance improvements, and new features and does not include any security updates. [...]
After installing this update, Windows 10 2004 will be updated to build 19041.844, and Windows 10 20H2 will be updated to build 19042.844.
The Windows 10 KB4601382 cumulative update preview includes 41 improvements or fixes. Below are the highlighted fixes and improvements with this update:
- Updates an issue that displays unexpected screens during the Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE).
- Updates an issue in Advanced display settings that shows the incorrect refresh rates available for high dynamic range (HDR) displays.
- Updates an issue that might cause video playback to flicker when rendering on certain low-latency capable monitors.
- Updates an issue that sometimes prevents the input of strings into the Input Method Editor (IME).
- Updates an issue that might sometimes prevent some keyboard keys from working, such as the home, Ctrl, or left arrow keys. This issue occurs when you set the Japanese IME input mode to Kana.
- Updates an issue that displays the wrong language when you sign in to a console after you change the system locale.
- Updates an issue with screen rendering after opening games with certain hardware configurations.
- Displays the proper Envelope media type as a selectable output paper type for Universal Print queues.
- Updates support for hole punch and stapling locations for print jobs with long edge first paper feed direction on certain printers.