Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) keeps reinstalling apps in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insecurity

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 3, 2016
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic, but I want to know if I'm the only one with this problem. It's really annoying and I'm wondering if there went something wrong while installing the update, or if this is on purpose.

It's nothing new that Windows 10 comes with pre-installed apps, for example Candy Crush Saga and Facebook, at least for some people. In the past it wasn't a problem for me, because I could just uninstall them and move on. It was annoying, but this was solved within a few minutes.

But since I installed the Fall Creators Update, I can't get rid of these apps. I removed them at least 4 times now, but they're back after a few hours because they're installed silently in the background, or they're back after I restart my computer - Candy Crush Soda Saga, Facebook, March of Empires, Minecraft and other games.

Sometimes they're not even really installed and they're just placeholders that get installed once you click them. But it's still annoying to remove them again and again.

Changes in the registry, for example to change "SilentlyInstalledAppsEnabled" to 0, didn't change anything. Microsoft should really stop this sponsored apps nonsense completely. It's not like they need the extra money they get from this.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

Reactions: XhenEd

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Use O&O ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10
Try disabling automatic installation of "recommended" apps
221-png.170181

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.