Windows 10 in Trouble as Gamers Move Back to Windows 7

Marko :)

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
"Valve data for the month of February shows that Windows 10 declined on Steam, while Windows 7 was the only version that actually increased its share last month.

Specifically, Windows 10 64-bit dropped 0.78 percent to 47.71 percent, while the 32-bit version declined 0.12 percent to 1.06 percent. All the other Windows operating system lost users the past month, with one exception: Windows 7.

According to Valve, the 64-bit version of Windows 7 posted a substantial increase of 1.67 percent in February to return to 31.41 percent share, while the 32-bit version also experienced a growth, this time smaller of just 0.03 percent, to achieve 5.40 percent."

More information is available on link above post.

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Maybe when the 'Game-mode' comes in the Windows 10 Creator's update this will reverse the trend. Its only a small amount though. Eventually as people buy new build PCs Windows 10 will become the norm. Its not the disaster like Windows 8 which people wholeheartedly rejected.

Personally I like Windows 10 and wouldnt go back now to Windows 7, even though I can, but there again I'm not a great game player.

D

Deleted member 178

Bunch of noobs , im a ex-hardcore Pro-gamer champion and i use Linux for gaming ! what you say? what game i play ? Solitaire why? :p

More seriously , "0.78%" drop... so Steam claim to possess 125 millions of users , with 47% being Win10 users but based on this image ( Steam: Game and Player Statistics )only 12 millions are really active , the rest are ghost/casual players accounts. Hardcore gamers play every days.

steam.png

so :

12 000 000 x (47.71% + 0.78%) = around 6 millions win10 gamers

6 000 000 x 0.78% = around 46 000 users leaving to win10

That is sooooooooooooo much ! OMG !

i guess some went back to the good'ol Team Fortress 2 after being butt-kicked in C-S :D

Disclaimer: This awesome post of Umbra was made to demonstrate the futility of the softpedia article . Thank you for wasting 1mn of you life to read this thread :p

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Bold statement, but I would go back to any Windows if that meant ability to still use my PC.
Kind of agree. I like Windows 10 a lot better than Windows 7, but Windows 7 is still good (and we still use it in work), but its not as good as Windows 10. Might agree with @Andytay70 if I had to go to Windows 8 though:D

I think Windows 10's main problem is not that it isn't better functionally, its just it doesn't look as good as Windows 7. But once youv'e tried it for a while, you kind of get used to the 'flat' design. Microsoft really need to finish off a consistent design for Windows 10 though, and add a bit more 'flair' - it looks like a bit of that is coming with the Creator update, however.

@Umbra comment about playing Solitaire is funnily enough the one good reason for sticking with Windows 7. You have to pay for Solitaire on Windows 10 to remove the adverts;)

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Sad but its true. W10 isnt capable of running all the games unfortunately. I have heard that from others that went back to W7 :(

Reactions: Marko :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As a gaming platform, doesn't Xbox One run a custom (fine-tuned) version of Windows 10?

Reactions: JM Safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.