Windows 10 Mobile Receives its Last Security Patches

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
If you’re one of the tiny contingent still using Windows 10 Mobile, 10 December 2019 is probably a day you’ve been dreading for nearly a year.

As announced by Microsoft in January 2019, it’s the end of life date for version 1709 of the OS, which means that November’s Build 15254.597 (KB4522811) was its last ever software update and therefore its last set of security patches. After this date, users are on their own, warming themselves in the fading heat of a dying star which began life with some fanfare what seems like a long time ago but was in fact only 2015. It’s a death that’s been well-rehearsed by Microsoft – Windows 10 Mobile version 1703 users reached this end-of-life moment earlier this year, on 11 June.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Well Samsung and Huawei managed to become marketleaders in that same time period. They were to eager to launch, they should have made migrating extensions from Android and iOS easier. With first releases of Windows Phone the App store should have been populated with more apps (although I never missed an App)

I am getting used to my A70 now.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.