Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PDF Reader for Windows 10 Mobile to be discontinued on 1st July, 2016

"Microsoft today updated their official PDF Reader app for Windows 10 Mobile devices. After the update, when you open the app, Microsoft is notifying the users that this PDF Reader app will not available from July 1st on Windows 10 Mobile. Instead, Microsoft is recommending users to use Edge browser as a PDF reader."

Windows Store: PDF Reader – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store

Meet Microsoft Edge Mobile - Meet Microsoft Edge - Windows Help

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Never used that app but instead always used Adobes own app for pdf files as that still works flawless. Nevertheless Edge is my main browser on my phone.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have Nito 10 Pro on my PC Huracan,
I think they have a mobile app if anyone is in need of a replacement for mobile.
Its the best I have ever used.
It sucks that MS is doing away with there mobile Reader.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft is following the trend by giving PDF-support in the Edge browser, just as it's the same on PC with Chrome and Firefox to name a few.

Also I do not think Nitro PDF supports Android, iOS or Windows Phone - I cannot find any on their app stores.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
OK,
thanks for the heads up Huracan.
PeAcE

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.