Windows 10 OEM key. Where can I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello, how i can find my windows 10 oem key? I have a preinstalled windows 10 and want a fresh install without all the bloatware from the laptop manufacture.

Thanks in advance.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Windows key Finder ( never used but I read others use it)

A

Alkajak

Hello, how i can find my windows 10 oem key? I have a preinstalled windows 10 and want a fresh install without all the bloatware from the laptop manufacture.

Thanks in advance.

Hold shift and click Restart
Click Troubleshoot
Click Reset this PC
Click Remove Everything
Click Fully clean the drive

You now have a fresh install of Windows 10 with no pre-installed software.

Last edited by a moderator:

laurenb

Jun 1, 2016
The OEM product key is embedded into UEFI firmware. You can use KeyFinder Plus to recover it. Just formatting your hard drive or reinstalling will not erase your product key, and you don't need to worry about losing it.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
The OEM product key is embedded into UEFI firmware. You can use KeyFinder Plus to recover it. Just formatting your hard drive or reinstalling will not erase your product key, and you don't need to worry about losing it.
Great! I was nervous about doing a fresh OS install in case I had to put in the key I didn't know. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.