Windows 10 on Windows phone how to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mihir :-)

Thread author
Is the upgrade needs to download OS on Wi-Fi or Normal 3G/4G data pack from phone?What is the size of the Windows 10 on Windows phone platform?

Reactions: upnorth

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Mihir :) : According to this website of Microsoft for Windows 10 mobile , Due to large size of updates, they recommend to download through WiFi. However I cannot tell the exact size of Windows 10 on mobile,

Reactions: upnorth

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I would recommend not to upgrade. There is still battery life issues, subpar camera quality compared to 8.1 and on top of that enjoy the message you charging your phone slowly error message despite using ms official charger.

If upgrade advisor doesn't update the work around is going from insider preview select third ring then opt out. You will then be on latest stable release along with the above issues I highlighted. That's why I went to back to 8.1 and said hello again to two days without charging my phone :)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Thank you for the comment on the diminished camera quality. I probably would have flung the phone out the Window before realizing I could have reverted back to 8.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@cruelsister you will need the recovery tool if you had upgraded to win10.
Trust me camera was one issue but the battery was worse.
They have improvements under the hood but sadly I'm on the opinion for once that 8.1 is currently better than 10 for wp. And they did delay its release for a reason. Luckily so far auto updates on 8.1 will not force w10

Reactions: cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
No Way, No How, No Windows 10 Mobile.

I think I may put out a Tee-shirt.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Soulbound
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.