Windows 10 Threshold 2 removed Safesign 64 bits. Is there a compatible version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I need Safesign to recognize my security token allowing me to sign documents. When I installed Threshold 2 it uninstalled version 3.0.8.7 informing it was incompatible. If I try to reinstall it fails to register dlls.

I managed to install the 32 bits version but now no Windows document signer I use recognizes the token. Fortunately I found a Java signer that does but is not practical for mass signn8ng as I have to edit a bat file every time I need to mass sign documents.

Does anyone know if there is a new version of Safesign out there? The developer site just says to contact the credentials provider who still has the same version I use.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Can a moderator edit the thread title? I didn't notice my phone's autocorrect had changed Safesign to Sales ignore...

D

Deleted member 178

did you try to run the installer in compatibility mode?

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
@Umbra Yes. But the 64 bits version always fails. Only the 32 bit version is installing for some reason.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
FAQ SafeSign Identity Client » AET Europe
The combination of SafeSign Identity Client and Windows 10 has been tested by AET Europe. The functionalities of the various versions of the middleware SafeSign IC works well on the new Operating System.

Upgrade SafeSign to latest version 3.0.101
AET advises to keep SafeSign IC up-to-date and upgrade to the latest version 3.0.101. Upgrading is free of charge with a maintenance & support contract. We advise you, to contact in advance, AET’s support department if you want to change to Windows 10. We can inform you about the latest status. When your organization does not have a contract, please contact the sales department of AET. The test results are subject to the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version. AET’s support department will continue to test from its launch and during the following months. If we have new insights AET will inform you about it.

I recommend that you contact AET's Support. They can provide the best information about running their products on Windows 10 64-bit. You may need to upgrade.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
@Huracan If I read it correctly only their direct clients are entitled to support, in this case it would be my certificate provider who still offers the old version for download...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Correction, I don't use Windows 10 and realised that Threshold 2 is an update to WX RTM. SignSafe may not be completely compatible with the latest updates for Windows 10

I would still contact your Certificate Provider and / or AET for support to Threshold 2 Update for Windows 10.

Otherwise, is it possible to revert to Windows 10 RTM, or reinstall without the Threshold 2 update?

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
@Huracan My Certificate Provider directed me to their Hardware Token provider who provided me with a copy of version 3.0.101. 64 bits version does not work, it has the same dll registering problem of version 87.

What is most curious to me is that the 32 bits version installs but all windows programs I use to sign documents fail to recognize the token. The free JSigner does work though, although I am forced to change a bat file every time I need to batch sign documents instead of simply pointing the program to a folder and requesting that all files there are signed.

Reactions: Ink

AET Europe

Jan 13, 2016
With the latest patch of Microsoft, the policy issue of Windows 10 with SafeSign Identity Client is solved. This patch is released on January 12th, also known as the first ‘patch Tuesday’ of 2016.

Both, Microsoft and AET Europe have tested and approved the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of SafeSign IC 3.0.101 in combination with Windows 10 (build 10586.63). Both versions of SafeSign perform correct on the latest build of Windows 10 and all functionality is restored and available. You may need to check your update patch to receive the latest Windows 10 build.

Source: Windows 10 ’Patch Tuesday’ restored SafeSign Identity Client » AET Europe

Last edited:
Reactions: mlnevese
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.