Guide | How To Windows 10 Tip: Lower the Blue light emitted from your PC with Night Light

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
By reducing the blue light emitted by your screen, the Night light feature helps you sleep better. With Night light, when you’re working late, your brain is better ready to power down for a good night’s sleep. Smartphone users love this feature and now, it’s coming to Windows 10 with the Creators Update.

Here’s how to get started with Night light:

TWOW_DidYouKnow_NightSetting_blog.gif

Go to Settings (or Windows key + I), click on System, and, under Display, click to turn Night light on or off. You can also customize the color temperature or schedule by clicking “Night light settings.”

Have a great week!

Source

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I really don't like the way colors look with night mode on. Turned it on on my computer for testing; It didn't last 5 minutes...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I had it turned on yesterday and at its default setting. It looks like watching an evening sunset......orange screen....but if it's good for the eyes why not?

:p

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Same here, not sure if I like it at all. :)
When it changes from blue to orange, you'll really feel it awkward and unnatural. But you'll get used to it after some time. The best way to adjust with the orange color is to set the slider to not too orange and not too blue, or adjust accordingly. It's better to have slight orange than having all blue light. :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
When it changes from blue to orange, you'll really feel it awkward and unnatural. But you'll get used to it after some time. The best way to adjust with the orange color is to set the slider to not too orange and not too blue, or adjust accordingly. It's better to have slight orange than having all blue light. :)
Cheers, I will give it another try using your advice. :)

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Just wondered cause I just had an update and have seen neither hide nor hair of any Creators Updates... Must be a sheep thing being one of the last as usual:p:p:p

Reactions: XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.