Windows 10 Tip: New Windows light theme

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Editor’s note: We’re back with the summer batch of weekly Windows 10 tips posts, which highlight some of the many helpful features that come with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make your daily life easier with a streamlined update process, as well as clean and simple experiences for your desktop.

Thanks to the Windows 10 May 2019 Update, you can brighten up your settings, experiences and desktop with the new Windows light theme.

Check it out:

Screenshot of Windows light theme

To try out the new light theme, go to Settings > Personalization > Colors, and select Light in the “Choose your color” dropdown.

And don’t worry, if you’re a fan of the dark mode, that’s still an option too! Check out our tip for how to enable dark theme for File Explorer.

If you like this, check out more Windows 10 Tips.

The post Windows 10 Tip: New Windows light theme appeared first on Windows Experience Blog.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
At first, I didn't care for this until I changed my wallpaper to a specific style (floating ice islands). It's nice with a dark-themed browser. Every app is snowy white, though: Settings, Start Menu, File Explorer, etc. So, I use f.lux and it's set with minimal settings so it's not so glaring, especially if your surroundings are dark and it's night-time. Anyone else using this theme right now? It's an acquired taste, maybe.

lite theme.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.