Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello every one. One of my friend has a laptop. The pc came with a windows 8 OEM pre-installed. since he didn't liked it he had downgraded to windows 7(Pirated). Now he wants to upgrade to windows 10 directly, is it possible without installing windows 8?
Please let me know..
Thankyou..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I already have a windows 10 installation disc, will that be eligible for the upgrade?

Reactions: Der.Reisende
N

Noxx

If you have any form of Windows pre-10, you can upgrade to 10 via disc, digital format, etc. There's no catch.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
If I remember correctly the windows 8 key will be stored in memory. So if you install windows 10 it will detect the windows 8 key and activate it. If it doesn't activate, try activate it using the windows 8 serial key that comes in the machine like this one:
ximg_54e2c2933930f.jpg.pagespeed.ic.OSzYKGYgv8.jpg

Edit: If you are running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license, Windows 10 setup should automatically detect the product key and install it automatically.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No matter if you downgrade and use other license key, then you're OEM's motherboard contains the key for Windows 8 which anytime you can upgrade for Windows 10. Honestly using pirated OS is a different side of story and issues occur if you try to find crack key for Windows 10 itself.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.