Windows 10 version 21H1 for desktop will be another 'minor' OS release

mkoundo

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Microsoft is yet to detail its plans for Windows 10 releases in 2021, which is notable only because in previous years, Windows Insiders would already be testing the next feature update by now, but they're not. Microsoft hasn't acknowledged that a 21H1 release of Windows 10 exists, but contacts familiar with Microsoft's plans say it does. So, I figured I'd piece together everything I've heard about it so far.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Disappointing update. It doesn't have anything new. I was waiting for the DoH feature but it's not gonna arrive with this update. MS could've pushed this update like any other update without calling it the 21H1.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I am not sure but I guess this will be added as well:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I am not sure but I guess this will be added as well:

No, it will not, the dev channel is the latest from Microsoft, but they aren't matched to a specific release.
Learn more about the different channels here:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
download.jpg
Disappointing update. It doesn't have anything new. I was waiting for the DoH feature but it's not gonna arrive with this update. MS could've pushed this update like any other update without calling it the 21H1.
That is it! I have got tired waiting for MS to move on with all those fake 21H1 updates, so I have installed the latest Dev version and there it is. Port 53 is a history. :D

Attachments

• capture_02212021_133420.jpg
    capture_02212021_133420.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 164

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
View attachment 254409

That is it! I have got tired waiting for MS to move on with all those fake 21H1 updates, so I have installed the latest Dev version and there it is. Port 53 is a history. :D
How is the dev version? Share us your experience after using it for a few days. I mean how stable it is and is there any notable bugs or not.
Edit: Also, did you do a fresh installation or just joined the insider program? And, is the Windows Security icon blue now or still white?

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Also, did you do a fresh installation or just joined the insider program?
I have just joined an Insider. I can not even perform a repair upgrade, because of a small partition size, it always fails, so I was not sure, if it is gonna work, but it did. 44GB on 32GB?! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• capture_02212021_134914.jpg
    capture_02212021_134914.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 150

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I'm missing the Defender notifications icon from system tray. The entry is also missing from Task Manager/Startup. Tried a lot of stuff from searching online, nothing has worked so far. Notifications are enabled.

The other green/white icon is AdGuard. Can anyone w/21H1 confirm or deny? 🙏

systray def.png

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I don't have this entry, neither is it in Task Manager startup entries. I would not know how to configure this in the registry based on the code you provided. Dism and sfc indicated no issues.

But thank you for confirming that this should be present in its new form in 21H1 (looks nice). Hopefully it'll show up later.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.