Windows 10 will begin reserving 7GB or more for updates

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Nothing is removed in a blink of an eye, developers have +6 months to test and update their Software. And a 1 to 2y heads up in feature changes as well.

Microsoft is doing well to remove outdated and unoptimized APIs.

Is not Microsoft fault the industry is lazy and refuses to envolve, they sure learned their lesson with Windows XP, those who can't stick with times get left behind.
APIs are just APIs it depends on developers how they use it for their applications.
Industry isn't lazy since you've millions of PCs with low end to high end which runs the same app on it w/o any issues and suddenly re-targetting the app to run on newer Win 10 fails to run on latest W10 but it works on older Win 10 builds which are 7-8 months old. So, when you implement a feature specific to latest version and doing that may break everything on all PCs.
6months is a small time-frame and there isn't any Long term stable Win 10 build for consumers like Linux LTS versions.

L

Local Host

APIs are just APIs it depends on developers how they use it for their applications.
Industry isn't lazy since you've millions of PCs with low end to high end which runs the same app on it w/o any issues and suddenly re-targetting the app to run on newer Win 10 fails to run on latest W10 but it works on older Win 10 builds which are 7-8 months old. So, when you implement a feature specific to latest version and doing that may break everything on all PCs.
6months is a small time-frame and there isn't any Long term stable Win 10 build for consumers like Linux LTS versions.
Aren't lazy? I never seen a more lazy generation than the current, people spend more time complaining than working.

The current W10 Cycle is more than duable, and Microsoft is dropping ancient code that shouldn't be used in the first place, both W7 and W8 end of support is coming.

Software doesn't stop working from one W10 build to another, there are workarounds and alternatives to all the code used, developers are indeed lazy and use ancient unoptimized code.

People don't even optimize their code for the current hardware, they simply bruteforce bad code with high end hardware.

Kaspersky is a good example of people who stopped complaining and started working, all their products support W10 Builds from day one (even before that in fact).

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Aren't lazy? I never seen a more lazy generation than the current, people spend more time complaining than working.

The current W10 Cycle is more than duable, and Microsoft is dropping ancient code that shouldn't be used in the first place, both W7 and W8 end of support is coming.

Software doesn't stop working from one W10 build to another, there are workarounds and alternatives to all the code used, developers are indeed lazy and use ancient unoptimized code.

People don't even optimize their code for the current hardware, they simply bruteforce bad code with high end hardware.

Kaspersky is a good example of people who stopped complaining and started working, all their products support W10 Builds from day one (even before that in fact).
MSFT will never drop legacy app support and some ancient code so that older apps made for XP or Vista/7 will work w/o issues. If they do that many business organization will simply move to Linux. What makes Windows tick for decades is keeping the support for legacy apps, if they were like Mac OS then everyone would have switched because a OS upgrade will wreck all system software and application softwares.
I believe Optimised code is a thing of the past because W10 supports Intel,AMD,ARM, custom XBox SoC etc.. so a generic code optimisation rather than specific architecture will do just fine. It balances out for speed and size of the apps. Specific customisations can be done on Xbox or Hololens because there's only type of CPU and its subsystems to target.
Anyway, I don't upgrade to latest W10 builds because I rarely find any outstanding feature that makes me switch. I usually upgrade to newest builds every 1.5-2 years

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.