Not open for further replies.

rain2reign

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Published: August 31, 2021
Today, we are thrilled to announce Windows 11 will start to become available on October 5, 2021. On this day, the free upgrade to Windows 11 will begin rolling out to eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 will start to become available for purchase. A new Windows experience, Windows 11 is designed to bring you closer to what you love.
As the PC continues to play a more central role in our lives than ever before — Windows 11 is ready to empower your productivity and inspire your creativity.
Highlights and more in the blogpost.

Known supported processors:

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
For anyone wondering if Android app support is going to be there—it won't. They said;
We look forward to continuing our journey to bring Android apps to Windows 11 and the Microsoft Store through our collaboration with Amazon and Intel; this will start with a preview for Windows Insiders over the coming months.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

I will wait a bit til VBS won't be optional thing, because I don't want FPS drops in games.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just got this when I checked for update. I'll wait for it to become available on my laptop first

1633408441345.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rain2reign

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
already have all good with with the upgrade process but i still its too soon for public release, having used it from day one it will take a while for Microsoft to get everything right.
That is my impression as well, i believe i may have mentioned it in the Windows 11 thread a couple of times as well. For the majority of the users, and similarly capable/technical users out there, on this forum it's not much of a big deal. Although a lot of basic Quality-Of-Life (QoL) features/functionality is missing at the moment in Windows 11 for the majority of the average home users.

So I tend to agree with the reviews that it looks good and stable, but the missing functionality is just barely barebones for the QoL home users.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
In my experience it's actually more stable than 10. Anyway removed one of my machines from Beta and set it to stable channel. The other one will remain in beta :)

Reactions: amirr and oldschool

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
if its just TPM 2.0 that you fail on (and you have TPM1.2) you can add
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup]
"AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU"=dword:00000001

then reboot and you can then update from media/iso

(this only bypasses the tpm2.0 check) you still need tpm1.2 / secure boot etc

Reactions: harlan4096

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Have installed W11 yesterday. Before upgrading, I updated my drivers and put Microsoft Defender in default mode. I made an image with Macrium. Then I went to the registry to bypass the CPU check. After that, I downloaded an ISO of W11 in my language and just clicked on the .exe. It took me nearly one hour to upgrade my system. So far so good

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Everybody got this update? I still haven't recieved the Windows 11 update :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.