1623790103335.png

1623790121826.png

This looks like macOS / GNOME 40 isn't it 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

show-Zi

Level 30
Verified
Jan 28, 2018
The repair in 10 was carried out using materials of 10x in which the construction was interrupted in the middle of the construction. I got that impression. Due to the construction period, only the construction near the entrance has been completed.

What I am concerned about is whether the confusion of setting and operation panel is improved.

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
It looks nice IMO, thanks for this preview! Really cool UI. 😊 Let's see how buggy will be. Remember the old days of Windows 10? It took some years until a good smooth version.
The current build looks pretty stable so far. I've only found a bug with .MSI installers (icon flickering on Chrome, not sure if it's browser related) and Windows constantly trying to download features (related to language packs probably) and giving a error notification. This is probably not the final release though.

EDIT: Windows tries to install a feature called Graphics Tools, but the installation fails. It's not language pack related

winver.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiderWeb

Level 5
Aug 21, 2020
I came here to say GNOME coming to Windows but y'all beat me to it. It also reminds me of Chrome OS a lot. Microsoft, it's ok to admit you ran out of ideas. Don't change things for the sake of change. The UI design is so ridiculously inconsistent even in the few screenshots. This is going the way of Windows Me, Vista, 8.

Last edited:

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
Windows 11 requires a PC with Secure Boot and at least 4GB of RAM. So some systems that can run Windows 10, can't run Windows 11.

View attachment 259079
Just a detail, the TPM chip and Secure Boot requirement is only enforced on setup, you actually don't need both of these requirements to use the OS even though they are really important if you want security (but you will need to use a workaround to bypass the requirements)

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
I came here to say GNOME coming to Windows but y'all beat me to it. It also reminds me of Chrome OS a lot. Microsoft, it's ok to admit you ran out of ideas. Don't change things for the sake of change. The UI design is so ridiculously inconsistent even in the few screenshots. This is going the way of Windows Me, Vista, 8.
11 is based on top of 10 with elements from 10X. The world moves forward with iOS and Android, so will Windows.

In fact, Apple, Google and many other sectors (i.e. Automotive) copy ideas from other areas. If there was no room for innovation through copying, then you'd be listening to personal music from audio cassettes on your Walkman (1979). There would be no iPod. --- exaggerated to dramatize my point.

To avoid spamming I got my MacBook Pro I'll reply here with your quote:
Just in time to escape the disaster that is Windows 11.
Calling Windows 11 a disaster before ever using it?
  • Windows 11 is still in development
  • What you see on the Internet are snippets
  • Preview builds are also very inconsistent and buggy
  • What you see now VS What you get later

I shared a sarcastic comment earlier, and now it's a fact.
Windows users are dramatic and don't agree with change.

It should not be called Windows, but Brick Wall since the outside changes.

Windows 11 requires a PC with Secure Boot and at least 4GB of RAM. So some systems that can run Windows 10, can't run Windows 11.

View attachment 259079
Simply check via Run > msinfo32
  • BIOS Mode
  • Secure Boot State
1623833041390.png

Source: Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

NetrunnerEdge

Feb 22, 2021

View attachment 259079
Damn, windows is supposed to be universally accessible. To be honest, all the improvements are not exactly worth the requirements. And keeping that besides, there is obviously the issue of price and distribution. Wonder if this will really hit it off and whether it will be required for any new applicationa.

SeriousHoax

Level 36
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
This is probably an old build of Windows 11 as it doesn't match with what Satya Nadella said, "one of the most significant updates to Windows of the past decade".
At the moment it looks like they just ported Windows 10X's start menu into this one. I hope there will be more positive changes that will be revealed on June 24th.
Otherwise, I don't see why it should be called Windows 11. It's not event 10.1 at the moment. Maybe 10.00000000001. Lol.

Thales

Level 12
Nov 26, 2017
This is probably an old build of Windows 11 as it doesn't match with what Satya Nadella said, "one of the most significant updates to Windows of the past decade".
At the moment it looks like they just ported Windows 10X's start menu into this one. I hope there will be more positive changes that will be revealed on June 24th.
Otherwise, I don't see why it should be called Windows 11. It's not event 10.1 at the moment. Maybe 10.00000000001. Lol.
From Tron Legacy

Given the prices that we charge to students and schools, what sort of improvements have been made in Flynn...
I mean, ENCOM OS-12?

This year we put a "12" on the box.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
[...] And keeping that besides, there is obviously the issue of price and distribution. Wonder if this will really hit it off and whether it will be required for any new applicationa.
Microsoft scrapped the upgrade cost back in 2015 with Windows 10, allowing all Windows 8.1 users to migrate for $0.00.

It would be a huge step backwards to charge $99+.

No major OS charges the consumer a License Fee to upgrade to newer versions. Android, ChromeOS, FireOS, iOS, iPadOS, macOS, Xbox OS upgrades are all free on supported hardware up to n years old. Exceptions for buying a new license, or upgrading SKUs.

As with most major changes, beta testing and the rollout will be gradual through Windows Updates or Media Creation Tools.

Then between 2022 and 2025, expect Microsoft to release KB updates that prompt upgrading.

Followed by Angry Windows users posting their disgust on social media about "Microsoft is forcing OS updates and breaking my 16-bit applications from working". /s

However until it is confirmed by Microsoft, users can look at the past to predict the future.
Source: When will Windows 11 be available for download?
"Windows 11 is expected to release to the public this October, available as a free upgrade to all Windows 10 devices, similar to other past Windows updates. Those who wish to stick with Windows 10 will be able to do so, while a second branch of Windows 10 is likely to support enterprises unwilling to upgrade to the new version immediately. We also expected Windows 11 to be available for standalone purchase, as with all past versions of Microsoft operating systems."

amirr

Level 15
Jan 26, 2020
A friend told me:

I strongly advise AGAINST installing a leaked OS image for obvious security reasons.

It's not that it's a beta or pre release or whatever, it's that it's not an official image from an official source, and as such, could very well be infected with malware. I don't need to tell you that an os that comes with embedded malware would be terrible because any security software would be useless against it, depending on how well it is done.

I'm not saying the image in this case is bad, I have not tested it. However better safe than sorry.

(Side note : i'll wait for stable release and see if any new features warrant a manual install, for now I haven't seen features that interest me, in what case i'd wait for it to be released on windows update.)