Windows 11 - First look

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
Had a strange behavior in both my computers. They would connect to the wifi network but wouldn't go anywhere on the Internet.

Solved by a Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth followed by a sfc /scannow. I really should read the logs to see what was corrupted.

carl fish

Level 6
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
It looks nice IMO, thanks for this preview! Really cool UI. 😊 Let's see how buggy will be. Remember the old days of Windows 10? It took some years until a good smooth version.
I am going back to windows 10 because at the moment on windows 11, I have been having issues installing programs despite it being a fresh install, they installed fine on windows 11 before, I think also without a media recovery tool for it yet its harder to recover if windows crashes

Last edited:

carl fish

Level 6
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I am going back to windows 10 because at the moment on windows 11, I have been having issues installing programs despite it being a fresh install, they installed fine on windows 11 before, I think also without a media recovery tool for it yet its harder to recover if windows crashes
I think it may take a few years to get a stable release of Windows 11 like Windows 10 and at the moment if you try to use the recovery option you can't choose a cloud download when recovering you can only select local reinstall and this can have problems sometimes and not work correctly, its for these reasons I am going back to windows 10

Last edited:

Local Host

Level 24
Verified
Sep 26, 2017
I think it may take a few years to get a stable release of Windows 11 like Windows 10 and at the moment if you try to use the recovery option you can't choose a cloud download when recovering you can only select local reinstall and this can have problems sometimes and not work correctly, its for these reasons I am going back to windows 10
All down to the user, I been using Windows 10 before RTM and never had any major issues.

So I disagree with the "few years to get a stable release", I'll probably be using Windows 11 when it releases with no issues as well.

Right now the system being unstable is more than expected, is not even in a BETA phase.

SeriousHoax

Level 38
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
My main issue with Windows 11 at the moment is the "File Explorer" app. It's super laggy. When I open a folder it's not instantaneous, when I go back there's half a second delay most of the time. Right-clicking on a file is laggy. When I right-click a media file like a .mkv file the menu usually appears more than a second later.
There's already a lot of reports related to this on the feedback hub. IMO so much lagging in File Explorer shouldn't be there in the first place even though it's a developer edition as it is something probably every user uses every day. Hopefully, it'll be fixed very soon.

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
A follow-up to my previous post. If you are having the same issue with Adguard on Windows 11 I have, stop it and all services and run again. Navigation will go back to normal.

I started a thread on the Adguard Forum. I'll post any answer i receive.

Last edited:

carl fish

Level 6
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
All down to the user, I been using Windows 10 before RTM and never had any major issues.

So I disagree with the "few years to get a stable release", I'll probably be using Windows 11 when it releases with no issues as well.

Right now the system being unstable is more than expected, is not even in a BETA phase.
you have a valid point, I will try windows 11 again at some point but at the moment for me personally it's still a bit too buggy and its a bit harder and more time consuming to recover the system if windows crashes without the media creation tool, plus you have to go to the trouble of downloading the iso file if you want a fresh install

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
@SeriousHoax Have you tried Files? Many people who are having trouble with Explorer are using it meanwhile...

SeriousHoax

Level 38
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
@SeriousHoax Have you tried Files? Many people who are having trouble with Explorer are using it meanwhile...

This one is pretty good. Faster than the default Windows 11 File Explorer but slower than Windows 10's. Also has the tabbing feature which is something users have been asking Microsoft for years. This could be a temporary solution for me. Thanks.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Jan 10, 2017
is there any AV already compatible to Win 11? I'm with my system on 11 and the defender seems buggy after each start.
he shows the error message "automatic submission of samples disabeld". That sucks and maybe i can switch to another AV

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
is there any AV already compatible to Win 11? I'm with my system on 11 and the defender seems buggy after each start.
he shows the error message "automatic submission of samples disabeld". That sucks and maybe i can switch to another AV
I'm using Bitdefender on both my test machines with no problems. The defender bug is supposedly fixed in the latest build

plat1098

Level 25
Verified
Sep 13, 2018
he shows the error message "automatic submission of samples disabeld

If you check your various clients in Defender (Windows Security/three lines at top left/Settings gear bottom left/"About" link in middle)--for example, my client version is 4.18.2107.4. This is the version that many who report a fixed VSS bug have. Conversely, many who report having an older version are saying the yellow mark is still there when their machines are restarted.

It has apparently NOT been fixed for everyone. Here's a thread on the topic--the jury is still out as to what exactly fixes this bug and how it's being distributed to various Windows 11 users. If you really can't stand that yellow mark, there's an edit to the registry here. I tried it, it worked but I ultimately removed the Spynet key as there now was a yellow message saying this setting is managed by your Administrator. Um, no. No, it isn't.

defender clients.PNG

roger_m

Level 34
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
IObit Malware Fighter, is the only antivirus I am aware of that has been updated for Windows 11 compatibility. But I don't recommend it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Check out behind the scenes of making Windows 11 features
Microsoft has released a new portal that will allow you to get behind the scenes with Windows 11 designers. You can watch how the new Windows features is being designed. Some of the topics that are available in the new portal are listed below.

• Discover why Microsoft redesigned features like Start, Taskbar, Search & Quick Settings.?
  • See how Microsoft created Widgets to help you stay on top of what matters most to you.
  • Get the story behind the new touch keyboard, voice typing and tablet posture experiences.
  • New name, new sounds, new contrast themes. See all that’s new in accessibility.
You can discover behind the scenes of making Windows 11 features here.